Verdict is wrong: Razzaq
Published: 2013-07-17 09:25:26.0 BdST Updated: 2013-07-17 12:43:55.0 BdST
Chief defence counsel Barrister Adbur Razzaq has termed the ICT verdict against Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mujaheed as incorrect.
The second war crimes tribunal on Wednesday gave death sentence to Jamaat-e-Islami Secretary General Mujaheed on three charges of crimes against humanity, while he was acquitted on two charges.
“With due respect to the tribunal, this is a wrong verdict,” said Abdur Razzaq. “They have failed to evaluate the customary law in this regard.”
"They (Judges) have failed to evaluate the evidence. We will naturally appeal against this judgement."
Defence lawyer Saifur Rahman claimed the evidence against Mujaheed in the charges he was found guilty were similar to that of the charges he was acquitted.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Bangladesh school suspends Hindu teacher for ‘Like’ on Facebook post against Islam
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Singapore convicts four Bangladeshis of terrorism financing
- Probe body hints at involvement of insiders in Bangladesh Bank heist
- Pakistan must target all jihadist groups: Crisis Group
- Mustafizur’s English county debut at Sussex may be delayed due to injuries