Trump announces Dec 15 news conference to discuss leaving business
Published: 2016-11-30 18:28:19.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-30 18:28:51.0 BdST
President-elect Donald Trump said on Wednesday he will be leaving his business "in total" to focus on running the country and will outline the plan in a Dec 15 news conference with his family, according to a post on Twitter.
Under pressure to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest, Trump announced his plans in a series of tweets but did not explain exactly what he would be doing with his assets.
"I will be holding a major news conference in New York City with my children on December 15 to discuss the fact that I will be leaving my great business in total in order to fully focus on running the country in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" Trump said.
Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 30, 2016
Trump said he is not required by law to alter his relationship with his business, but added: "I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses."
"Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!" he added.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Trump promises to 'work hard' for the American people
- DOJ watchdog investigating FBI decisions in Clinton email probe
- Trump builds team of bosses to shake up Washington
- Top US spy agency has not embraced CIA assessment on Russia hacking: sources
- China warns Trump against ignoring its stake in Taiwan
- Trump says US not necessarily bound by 'one China' policy
- Trump likely to name Exxon CEO secretary of state: Source
- CIA says Russia intervened to help Trump win White House: Washington Post
- Obama orders review of cyber attacks on 2016 election: adviser
- Trump says union head who accused him of lying has 'done a terrible job'
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet anti-terror operation
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Police put on alert across country
- Burst of gunfire heard as Sylhet militant hideout siege enters fourth day
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Commandos rescue trapped residents from Sylhet 'militant den'
- Police believe man killed in blast near airport is 'missing' Mirpur youth Ayad
- It seems the army has settled for a long haul in Sylhet to neutralise the militants
- 'Neo-JMB operative’ Mizan confesses to supplying arms for Gulshan attack
- Indian borderguards step up vigil on Sylhet's border with Northeast India