Anti-Trump demonstrators set fires, break windows in California
Published: 2016-11-10 01:14:29.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-10 01:16:49.0 BdST
Protests against Donald Trump have broken out in California's Bay Area after the Republican candidate’s victory in the US presidential election, a Reuters witness and local media have reported.
Demonstrators set fire to a likeness of Trump late on Tuesday, smashed store front windows and set garbage and tires on fire in downtown Oakland, across the bay from San Francisco.
A few miles away, University of California, Berkeley students protested on campus.
A woman passes burning garbage during a demonstration in Oakland following the election of Donald Trump. Reuters
One protester in Oakland was struck by a vehicle after blocking a highway, local media reported.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Trump promises to 'work hard' for the American people
- DOJ watchdog investigating FBI decisions in Clinton email probe
- Trump builds team of bosses to shake up Washington
- Top US spy agency has not embraced CIA assessment on Russia hacking: sources
- China warns Trump against ignoring its stake in Taiwan
- Trump says US not necessarily bound by 'one China' policy
- Trump likely to name Exxon CEO secretary of state: Source
- CIA says Russia intervened to help Trump win White House: Washington Post
- Obama orders review of cyber attacks on 2016 election: adviser
- Trump says union head who accused him of lying has 'done a terrible job'
- Bangladesh Bank building catches fire
- Bangladesh formally joins 'India's South Asia Satellite' initiative
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Bangladesh take Miraz in squad for Sri Lanka ODIs
- UK envoy attack: Death row convict Ripon to seek presidential clemency
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Murdered man found in ‘rented’ Chittagong flat
- Five dead, around 40 injured in UK parliament 'terrorist' attack
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’