Anti-Trump demonstrators set fires, break windows in California
Published: 2016-11-10 01:14:29.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-10 01:16:49.0 BdST
Protests against Donald Trump have broken out in California's Bay Area after the Republican candidate’s victory in the US presidential election, a Reuters witness and local media have reported.
Demonstrators set fire to a likeness of Trump late on Tuesday, smashed store front windows and set garbage and tires on fire in downtown Oakland, across the bay from San Francisco.
A few miles away, University of California, Berkeley students protested on campus.
A woman passes burning garbage during a demonstration in Oakland following the election of Donald Trump. Reuters
One protester in Oakland was struck by a vehicle after blocking a highway, local media reported.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece
- ISPR dismisses Times of India report on Indian Army chief's Dhaka visit as 'baseless'
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Lightning kills five in Bangladesh coastal districts
- Initial tests reveal radiation in Sunamganj backswamps not alarming
- Death toll in Dinajpur rice mill boiler blast rises to nine
- Govt promotes 267 public servants to deputy secretaries
- Man burns himself in attempted suicide during altercation with 'girlfriend'
- Prohibitory orders in Brahmanbaria amid tension over minister's programme