US Vice President Biden tells Trump to ‘grow up’
Published: 2017-01-06 12:52:31.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-06 12:52:31.0 BdST
US Vice President Joe Biden has suggested President-elect Donald Trump needs to "grow up" and behave like an "adult".
"Grow up Donald, grow up, time to be an adult, you're President. Time to do something. Show us what you have," EFE news quoted Biden as saying on Thursday.
Biden had criticised two of Trump's recent messages in which he labelled Senate minority leader of the Democrats Chuck Schumer as "head clown" and another in which the President-elect criticised President Barack Obama for his "incendiary comments".
"It's going to be much clearer what he's (Trump) for and against, and what we're for and against, now that it's going to get down to actually discussing in detail these issues that affect people's lives," Biden said.
The Vice President also said it was "dangerous" for Trump to be sceptical of US intelligence agencies.
During the campaign and after being elected President, Trump has been using Twitter compulsively for all sorts of purposes, such as insulting opponents and his colleagues, threatening companies or criticising the intelligence community.
New York Republican Representative Chris Collins, a member of Trump's transition executive committee, denounced Biden's response.
"That's a pathetic response," Collins said on Thursday.
"I think it's beneath the Office of the Vice President. It shows just the angst of the loss of this election by Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Trump is the adult in the room."
This isn't the first time Biden has been outspoken against Trump.
Biden in October slammed Trump saying the Republican presidential nominee "lacks any sensibilities about the American people".
"He's not a bad man," Biden said at the time. "But his ignorance is so profound, so profound."
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- 75 years later, Japanese Americans recall pain of internment camps
- Trump controversies: Michael Flynn, the travel ban and others
- Hundreds of immigrants arrested in 'routine' US enforcement surge
- Safe on US soil, new arrivals breathe sigh of relief
- Some nations affected by US immigration order may stay on list
- How Trump's abrupt immigration ban created confusion at airports, agencies
- First days of Trump era signal America's deepening political divide
- White House vows to fight media 'tooth and nail' over Trump coverage
- White House accuses media of playing down inauguration crowds
- Trump attacks civil rights leader who questioned his election win
- Nokia goes back to the future with 49 euro 3310 mobile phone
- SP’s transfer as punishment a great intellectual fraud: Ex-NHRC chief
- Bangladesh government accused of patronising killings of secular bloggers
- Bangladesh opens first solar-powered silo with climate-controlled facility
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Please drop it, says Obaidul Quader on media reports over assaulting MP
- Singer-composer Lucky Akhand in critical condition: Family
- Fire at garment factory in Narayanganj
- Fire breaks out at footwear factory in Dhaka