US Vice President Biden tells Trump to ‘grow up’
Published: 2017-01-06 12:52:31.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-06 12:52:31.0 BdST
US Vice President Joe Biden has suggested President-elect Donald Trump needs to "grow up" and behave like an "adult".
"Grow up Donald, grow up, time to be an adult, you're President. Time to do something. Show us what you have," EFE news quoted Biden as saying on Thursday.
Biden had criticised two of Trump's recent messages in which he labelled Senate minority leader of the Democrats Chuck Schumer as "head clown" and another in which the President-elect criticised President Barack Obama for his "incendiary comments".
"It's going to be much clearer what he's (Trump) for and against, and what we're for and against, now that it's going to get down to actually discussing in detail these issues that affect people's lives," Biden said.
The Vice President also said it was "dangerous" for Trump to be sceptical of US intelligence agencies.
During the campaign and after being elected President, Trump has been using Twitter compulsively for all sorts of purposes, such as insulting opponents and his colleagues, threatening companies or criticising the intelligence community.
New York Republican Representative Chris Collins, a member of Trump's transition executive committee, denounced Biden's response.
"That's a pathetic response," Collins said on Thursday.
"I think it's beneath the Office of the Vice President. It shows just the angst of the loss of this election by Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Trump is the adult in the room."
This isn't the first time Biden has been outspoken against Trump.
Biden in October slammed Trump saying the Republican presidential nominee "lacks any sensibilities about the American people".
"He's not a bad man," Biden said at the time. "But his ignorance is so profound, so profound."
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- First days of Trump era signal America's deepening political divide
- White House vows to fight media 'tooth and nail' over Trump coverage
- White House accuses media of playing down inauguration crowds
- Trump attacks civil rights leader who questioned his election win
- Trump says won't divest from his business while president
- Republicans pass sweeping bill to reform 'abusive' US regulation
- In his final address, Obama refers to values
- Cuba, United States sign oil spill deal before Trump inauguration
- Trump says Mexico would repay US funds spent on border wall
- US Vice President Biden tells Trump to ‘grow up’
- Bangladesh probing Bengali army officers' crime links in Pakistan war
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny remanded in ICT case filed by woman
- Ispahani Group boss Mirza Ali Behrouze Ispahani passes away
- President hopes Bangladesh will get developed nation status by 2041
- Authorities shut Mymensingh Medical College indefinitely
- Arrests on fake warrants discovered in Bangladesh
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- New Zealand complete series sweep after Bangladesh collapse
- Bangladesh to devise master plan in January to improve its 'ease of doing business' rankings
- Hasina promises to track down, bring MP Liton's killers to justice