Afghan bomb killed five Emirates humanitarian workers: UAE
Published: 2017-01-11 14:21:36.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-11 14:38:45.0 BdST
Five Emirati humanitarian workers were killed in a bomb attack in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) official news agency reported on Wednesday.
The five were killed on Tuesday while engaged in humanitarian, educational and development work, state news agency WAM reported, adding President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahyan had ordered flags flown at half mast for three days in mourning.
Afghan officials said the explosion killed at least seven people and wounded 18 others, including the UAE ambassador to Afghanistan.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- More than 100 die in Malaysian immigration detention camps in 2 years
- At least 12 killed after Texas church bus crash
- Federal judge in Hawaii extends court order blocking Trump travel ban
- Nearly 150 migrants feared dead after boat sinks, sole survivor says
- 'No turning back': PM May triggers 'historic' Brexit
- Running a marathon may cause kidney injury, finds a study
- Human waste found in Coca-Cola cans, probe launched
- British PM Theresa May fires starting gun on Brexit
- Jordan's King Abdullah says two-state solution basis of Middle East peace
- Iraqi forces battle toward landmark Mosul mosque
- Security forces launch operation on terror den in Moulvibazar
- Security forces raiding two militant hideouts in Moulvibazar
- Police move to raid 'militant hideout' in Comilla
- Section 144 clamped around two suspected Moulvibazar militant hideouts
- SWAT team heading for Moulvibazar terror dens, army if needed, says home minister
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Bangladesh Bank heist was 'state-sponsored': US official
- Police inspector in Bogra found hanging at home
- RAB intel chief, injured in Sylhet blasts, to be brought back from Singapore
- Pakistan not sending team to IPU Assembly in Bangladesh