Iraqi troops kill 125 IS terrorists
Published: 2017-01-10 21:34:26.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-10 21:34:26.0 BdST
Iraqi troops killed 125 Islamic State (IS) terrorists and took control of two new neighbourhoods in Mosul on Tuesday, military officials said.
Anti-terror forces stormed al-Sukar neighbourhood on the eastern front of Mosul killing more than 25 militants, a senior commander said.
The forces also destroyed a mortar launcher and an IS car bomb in an operation supported by the international coalition, Efe news reported.
The commander explained that the forces of the federal police and army's IX brigade completely dominated the districts of Palestine and Doumiz on the southeast axis and have advanced to liberate the Sumar neighbourhood.
The commander noted that Iraqi and the US-led international coalition warplanes destroyed several machines of the radical organisation on Tuesday morning.
Iraqi troops, backed by Kurdish Peshmergas and Shia militias, as well as aviation and military advisers from the international anti-terrorist coalition, are seeking to remove IS from areas it occupied in June 2014 in northern Iraq in the offensive launched last October.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh proposes UNESCO Annual World Cultural Conference
- Mumbai hospital denies super obese Egypt woman was not treated well
- Thai man broadcasts daughter's murder live on Facebook
- US sanctions hundreds of employees of Syrian research center
- Le Pen steps down as party leader
- Arkansas carries out first double execution in US since 2000
- Hollande urges French to reject Le Pen in presidential run-off vote
- Air strikes kill at least 12, damage hospital in Syria's Idlib: medics, monitor
- Kenya bus, tanker crash kills 24: police
- Roadside bomb kills at least 10 people in minibus in northwest Pakistan, official says
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- SSC results date announced
- Former British PM David Cameron coming to Dhaka
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia
- Bangladesh life expectancy up: BBS
- ‘Improvised bomb’ found at Sylhet school
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- Death penalties reduced to life term is imprisonment until death: AG