Egypt sets Mubarak retrial for April 13
Published: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST
Egypt's Appeals Court has set April 13 as the date for a retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak, his interior minister and aides on charges of ordering the killing of protesters, MENA state news agency reported on Sunday.
Mubarak is in a military hospital. In January a Cairo court granted him the retrial after he was jailed for life over the killing of protesters in early 2011 by security forces trying to quell the uprising against him.
"Samir Abu el Maati, the head of the Appeals Court has set April 13 as the retrial date for former President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa and his interior minister Habib el-Adly and six of his top aides ... on charges of killing of protesters during the January 25th revolution," MENA state news agency said.
Mubarak, 84, was ousted in February 2011 after 30 years in power and was the first Arab ruler to be brought to court by his own people.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur out of IPL's second qualifier with injury
- Sexagenarian Railways Minister Mazibul Hoque becomes father of a baby girl
- Danish Ambassador calls to save 200-yr old dying Bangladeshi tradition
- 11, including 2 candidates, killed in violence in fifth-phase union council elections
- AL leader Hanif claims news of Joy-Safadi meeting is BNP-staged drama
- Ronaldo gives Real Madrid shootout win over Atletico
- UP polls member aspirant in Chittagong murdered outside voting centre
- Sri Lanka President Sirisena calls for direct Dhaka-Colombo flight
- Japan PM Abe assures Bangladesh of help to achieve middle-income country status
- Amber Heard accuses estranged husband Johnny Depp of domestic violence