Egypt sets Mubarak retrial for April 13
Published: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST
Egypt's Appeals Court has set April 13 as the date for a retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak, his interior minister and aides on charges of ordering the killing of protesters, MENA state news agency reported on Sunday.
Mubarak is in a military hospital. In January a Cairo court granted him the retrial after he was jailed for life over the killing of protesters in early 2011 by security forces trying to quell the uprising against him.
"Samir Abu el Maati, the head of the Appeals Court has set April 13 as the retrial date for former President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa and his interior minister Habib el-Adly and six of his top aides ... on charges of killing of protesters during the January 25th revolution," MENA state news agency said.
Mubarak, 84, was ousted in February 2011 after 30 years in power and was the first Arab ruler to be brought to court by his own people.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Republicans pull healthcare legislation plan in major blow to Trump
- Five children among 11 Syrians killed as boat sinks off Turkey: DHA
- UN will investigate crimes against Rohingya in Myanmar
- Indian woman, son found murdered in US
- Iraqi forces to deploy new tactics in Mosul, civilians flee city
- US sanctions 30 firms, individuals for aiding Iran, N Korea arms programs
- Egypt's former leader Mubarak walks free for first time in six years: lawyer
- Trump demands support in do-or-die Friday vote on healthcare plan
- Police arrest two more over British parliament attack
- Attacker Khalid Masood was a criminal with militant links
- One killed in blast near Dhaka airport; police rule out 'suicide attack'
- Security forces mount raid on Sylhet building
- 'Send in the SWAT!' - militant suspect tells police surrounding Sylhet building
- Donald Trump greets Abdul Hamid, Sheikh Hasina on Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first: Mamata
- Ex-husband of slain bank employee Arifa caught in Tangail
- BNP, Jamaat lawyers dominate in Supreme Court Bar Association election
- Islamic State 'claims responsibility for attack' at Dhaka airport roundabout
- Final phase of smart NID distribution from Apr 10
- Bangladesh Bank building catches fire