Egypt sets Mubarak retrial for April 13
Published: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST
Egypt's Appeals Court has set April 13 as the date for a retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak, his interior minister and aides on charges of ordering the killing of protesters, MENA state news agency reported on Sunday.
Mubarak is in a military hospital. In January a Cairo court granted him the retrial after he was jailed for life over the killing of protesters in early 2011 by security forces trying to quell the uprising against him.
"Samir Abu el Maati, the head of the Appeals Court has set April 13 as the retrial date for former President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa and his interior minister Habib el-Adly and six of his top aides ... on charges of killing of protesters during the January 25th revolution," MENA state news agency said.
Mubarak, 84, was ousted in February 2011 after 30 years in power and was the first Arab ruler to be brought to court by his own people.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Ghana, Kenya and Malawi to pilot GSK malaria vaccine from 2018
- Jordan repeals law enabling rapists to dodge penalty by marrying victims
- Trump to set new executive orders on environment, energy this week
- Maoist rebels kill 24 policemen in central India
- Maoists massacre 26 CRPF troopers in Chhattisgarh
- N. Korean university names detained US citizen
- Bomb attack hits US base in eastern Afghanistan
- Afghan defence minister, army chief of staff resign over deadly attack
- US, Philippines scale back next month's military drills, no more 'war games'
- US carrier group heads for Korean waters, China calls for restraint
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece