Egypt sets Mubarak retrial for April 13
Published: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST
Egypt's Appeals Court has set April 13 as the date for a retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak, his interior minister and aides on charges of ordering the killing of protesters, MENA state news agency reported on Sunday.
Mubarak is in a military hospital. In January a Cairo court granted him the retrial after he was jailed for life over the killing of protesters in early 2011 by security forces trying to quell the uprising against him.
"Samir Abu el Maati, the head of the Appeals Court has set April 13 as the retrial date for former President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa and his interior minister Habib el-Adly and six of his top aides ... on charges of killing of protesters during the January 25th revolution," MENA state news agency said.
Mubarak, 84, was ousted in February 2011 after 30 years in power and was the first Arab ruler to be brought to court by his own people.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Trump tells Netanyahu he would recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital
- Russia guilty of prolonging war in Syria: UK foreign minister
- Coalition raids kill nine in central Yemen: medical sources, residents
- Charlotte protesters keep marching after police release shooting video
- IS claims Baghdad suicide bombing that kills 7
- Jordanian writer shot dead outside court before trial over cartoon
- World's largest radio telescope begins operations
- Battle rages near Aleppo, air onslaught continues
- Suspect in fatal shooting of five at US mall captured, identified
- Protesters keep marching after US police release shooting video
- Sloppy Bangladesh sneak 7-run last-over win over brave Afghanistan
- Bangladesh-origin man arrested in New York sex racket
- Tamim scores 9000 international runs as first Bangladesh batsman
- Bangladesh captain Mashrafe eyes attacking cricket against Afghanistan
- Bangladesh baby, who came to life six hours after 'being dead', dies at Dhaka hospital
- Patuakhali fourth grader to receive PM’s letter Monday with pledge to bridge Payra River
- British Council offices in Bangladesh to reopen Monday
- Shakib ascends to top wickettaker throne for Bangladesh in all formats
- Husband, two others get death sentences for Rajshahi housewife's murder
- Man from Delhi comes to Jessore to meet Facebook friend, both arrested