Egypt sets Mubarak retrial for April 13
Published: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-03 09:51:53.0 BdST
Egypt's Appeals Court has set April 13 as the date for a retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak, his interior minister and aides on charges of ordering the killing of protesters, MENA state news agency reported on Sunday.
Mubarak is in a military hospital. In January a Cairo court granted him the retrial after he was jailed for life over the killing of protesters in early 2011 by security forces trying to quell the uprising against him.
"Samir Abu el Maati, the head of the Appeals Court has set April 13 as the retrial date for former President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa and his interior minister Habib el-Adly and six of his top aides ... on charges of killing of protesters during the January 25th revolution," MENA state news agency said.
Mubarak, 84, was ousted in February 2011 after 30 years in power and was the first Arab ruler to be brought to court by his own people.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Deportation plans cast shadow on Trump envoy talks with Mexico
- French police clash with youths at protest rally, arrest eight
- Syrian negotiators arrive for Geneva peace talks
- Iraqi security forces storm Mosul airport, military base
- Bomb kills at least 10 in shopping district in Pakistan's Lahore
- Malaysia requests Interpol alert on four N Koreans over airport murder
- Three soldiers, civilian killed in militant attack in Indian Kashmir
- North Korea blames Malaysia for death of its citizen: State Media
- Indian rights group MASUM push for release of ten Bangladesh women
- Britain names Cressida Dick as London's first female police chief
- Bangladeshi man killed in New York by landlord over rent dispute: Police
- BNP is a terrorist organisation: Canada court
- Astronomers find seven Earth-size planets where life may be possible
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Big fashion brands pull out of Bangladesh garment summit over worker rights concerns
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- Gas prices bubble up: Bangladesh households hit with over 50% monthly rise for stoves
- Foreign sailor killed by cracked pipe hot water in ship at Chittagong Port
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Forced relocation of Myanmar nationals in Bangladesh can create tension: ICRC