Uber lost more than $800 million in third quarter 2016: Bloomberg
Published: 2016-12-20 10:23:11.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-20 10:23:11.0 BdST
Privately held ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc lost more than $800 million in the third quarter, Bloomberg reported on Monday.
The company's $800 million in losses did not include its operations in China, Bloomberg said, citing a person it said was familiar with the matter.
In the previous quarter the company's loss significantly exceeded $800 million, including its Chinese operations, Bloomberg said.
Uber generated about $1.7 billion in net revenue in the third quarter, up from $1.1 billion in the previous quarter, Bloomberg reported.
The company is on track to surpass $5.5 billion in net revenue in fiscal 2016, Bloomberg said.
Uber did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US trade commission to probe Nokia complaint against Apple
- Samsung Elec says battery caused Note 7 fires, may delay new phone launch
- Impact of job-stealing robots a growing concern at Davos
- Uber to invest more than $60 million in Sao Paulo support center
- South Korean court dismisses arrest warrant for Samsung chief
- Facebook's virtual-reality tech was not stolen, Zuckerberg testifies
- Airbus CEO sees 'flying car' prototype ready by end of year
- China's Baidu opens augmented reality lab to boost falling profits
- Samsung Electronics probe finds battery was main cause of Note 7 fires: Source
- Startup investors fret over risks of mass data collection
- Two Bangladeshis arrested in Malaysia for suspected link to Islamic State cell
- Tourists from Japan say Bangladesh is safe
- Trump signs order withdrawing US from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- Use of jute bags mandatory for 11 more products
- Bangladesh man arrested at 27th wife's home on 25th wife's complaint
- No risk in using bamboo, wood as extra support in rail bridges: Ministry
- Bail denied to cricketer Arafat Sunny in ICT case
- PM Hasina flays rights bodies over silence in MP Liton's murder
- Bangladesh sees no impact of Trump's bringing back Mexico City policy