Barca manager urges fans to help launch another comeback against Juve
Published: 2017-04-18 20:22:45.0 BdST Updated: 2017-04-18 20:22:45.0 BdST
Barcelona manager Luis Enrique urged the club's fans to create a wild atmosphere in Camp Nou to help the team complete another improbable comeback in the Champions League, this time against Juventus.
The Spanish coach insisted his team will try to score five goals on Wednesday night against the visiting Italians, who have a 3-0 lead from the quarter-final first leg in Turin.
After Barcelona overturned a 4-0 deficit against PSG in the last 16 in the biggest comeback in Champions League history, Luis Enrique believes supporters can play their part as the team tries to obtain another shock result.
"If we score the first goal, the second will be scored by Camp Nou and the third will come by itself," he said in a news conference on Tuesday.
"Our objective is to score five goals. (We have to) attack, attack, attack. And when we relax a little bit, we have to start attacking again."
A handful of fans left with Barcelona 3-1 up against PSG on March 8, missing the stunning finale as Barca netted three goals in the last few minutes to knock their opponents out of the competition.
Luis Enrique said they should stay until the end this time, with the team planning to fight until the final whistle to turn the game around.
"I hope they don’t go in the 80th minute… We will try right until the end," he said.
The coach confirmed that Javier Mascherano would be back from injury for the game and said he was happy to have Sergio Busquets available after the defensive midfielder missed the first leg.
"Getting (Busquets) back is always great news," he said.
"He is one of the most tactically intelligent players there is and a key man for us. The more he can do, the better for us."
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta said the team needed to put in its best performance of the season.
"We have to play a perfect match. We have to create the maximum number of chances and score goals. We probably need to play our best match of the season," he said.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Griezmann agent confirms 'concrete' move from United
- Bale set to miss semi-final with Atletico with calf injury
- Clasico win has revitalised Barca title bid - Luis Enrique
- All eyes on Stuttgart as Sharapova poised for return
- Serena thanks unborn baby after returning to world number one
- Chelsea still a team in transition, says Conte
- City need 'important' derby win against United, says Navas
- Ibrahimovic vows to return stronger from injury
- Arsenal want to win FA Cup for Wenger, says Ramsey
- Real’s title credentials to be tested at Riazor
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- RAB arrests BUET student, suspected JMB ‘bomb expert’
- SSC results date announced
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia
- Law Minister Anisul Huq asks chief justice not to complain publicly
- Device found in Sylhet school not a bomb, says RAB
- Five-year-old Sumaiya missing for 23 days now