Tottenham keep up Chelsea chase with 4-0 rout of Bournemouth
Published: 2017-04-15 19:58:31.0 BdST Updated: 2017-04-15 19:58:31.0 BdST
Tottenham Hotspur claimed a 12th consecutive Premier League home win with a 4-0 rout of Bournemouth on Saturday to keep the pressure on leaders Chelsea.
Two goals in three minutes from Mousa Dembele and Son Heung-min put the hosts in complete control inside 20 minutes and Harry Kane grabbed his 20th league goal of the season shortly after halftime as Spurs cut Chelsea's lead to four points.
Dembele struck after 16 minutes, slamming in a shot from six metres after Christian Eriksen's corner reached him at the far post through a crowd of players.
Son fired through the legs of keeper Artur Boruc after racing into the area from Kane's flick.
Kane, starting for the first time since injuring his ankle last month, wrapped up Tottenham's seventh successive league win after 48 minutes, turning Simon Francis all too easily and firing low past Boruc.
Substitute Vincent Janssen rounded off the action with a fourth goal in stoppage time, the Dutchman's first Premier League strike from open play since joining last year.
Bournemouth are seven points above the relegation zone before the later kickoffs and probably need one more victory to guarantee a third season of top-flight football.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Spurs beat local rivals Arsenal to keep up title challenge
- Gabriel Jesus header gives City 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough
- Chelsea take step towards title with win at Everton
- United held at home by Swansea after Sigurdsson strike
- Bayern take fifth straight Bundesliga crown with win at Wolfsburg
- Joshua wins world titles with 11th-round stoppage of Klitschko
- Suarez and Rakitic see Barca through Espanyol test to stay top
- Vardy on target as Leicester beat West Brom 1-0
- Murray sent packing by Thiem in Barcelona semi-final
- Late Marcelo strike keeps Real title bid on track; Granada relegated
- Suspicion over claim against Dhaka University teacher over use of 'indecent' photos
- Bangla film star Shakib Khan boycotted indefinitely
- Bangladesh prodded to 'reposition’ itself to improve business climate
- New VAT law: Heated exchange between Muhith, FBCCI
- Sehri and iftar timings for the coming Ramadan
- Mashrafe flying back to Bangladesh from England as wife falls sick
- Steps will be taken if neglect found in haor dam construction: PM
- Bangladesh is now free of formalin in food, says commerce minister
- Bangladesh actor Shakib Khan apologises to film fraternity after boycott
- BGB recovers more than 1.2 million Yaba tablets in Teknaf