Real Madrid hammer Granada to equal record
Published: 2017-01-07 20:29:57.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-07 20:31:44.0 BdST
Real Madrid equalled a Spanish record of 39 games unbeaten in all competitions by crushing struggling Granada 5-0 on Saturday to go six points clear at the top of La Liga.
Spain midfielder Isco set Real on their way to a simple victory by latching on to a pass from Karim Benzema and squeezing the ball under Mexican goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa in the 12th minute.
Benzema tapped in the second in the 20th minute after Ochoa failed to hold a shot from the lively Luka Modric and top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo struck his 11th league goal of the season by nodding in a cross from Marcelo.
Isco turned in a low cross from Modric to stretch Real's lead in the 31st minute and defensive midfielder Casemiro scored his first goal of the season by stabbing in a free kick from James Rodriguez in the 58th.
Real top the standings on 40 points from 16 games, although Barcelona, who have also played 16, can close the gap when they visit Villarreal on Sunday.
Third-placed Sevilla, seven points behind Real, visit Sevilla later on Saturday and Atletico Madrid travel to Eibar
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Messi and Suarez help Barca to down Eibar, Sevilla stage fightback
- Juve back to winning ways as Allegri throws caution to the wind
- Champion Kerber overpowered by Vandeweghe in Melbourne
- Ten-man Arsenal win thriller with last-gasp penalty
- Champions Leicester slip to new low at Southampton
- Federer shows iron-man quality to reach quarters
- Tears flow as Chapecoense return to action
- Frequent Iniesta injuries a problem for Barca coach Luis Enrique
- Napoli put another dent in Milan's Champions League hopes
- Top seed Andy Murray knocked out in Australian Open fourth round
- Bangladesh probing Bengali army officers' crime links in Pakistan war
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny remanded in ICT case filed by woman
- Ispahani Group boss Mirza Ali Behrouze Ispahani passes away
- President hopes Bangladesh will get developed nation status by 2041
- Authorities shut Mymensingh Medical College indefinitely
- Arrests on fake warrants discovered in Bangladesh
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- New Zealand complete series sweep after Bangladesh collapse
- Bangladesh to devise master plan in January to improve its 'ease of doing business' rankings
- Hasina promises to track down, bring MP Liton's killers to justice