James double helps Real beat Sevilla in King's Cup
Published: 2017-01-05 12:29:21.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-05 12:29:21.0 BdST
Real Madrid marked Zinedine Zidane's first anniversary as manager with a comfortable 3-0 win over Sevilla in the first leg of their King's Cup last 16 tie at the Bernabeu on Wednesday.
James Rodriguez opened the scoring for Real with a powerful strike from outside the box before Raphael Varane fired home a Toni Kroos corner to double the lead.
James, who has been linked with a possible move away from the Spanish giants, added his second -- Real's third -- from the penalty spot before receiving a standing ovation when he was substituted 10 minutes before the end.
Real have now gone a club record 38 games unbeaten in all competitions under Zidane, and have only lost twice in his 53 games in charge.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Messi and Suarez help Barca to down Eibar, Sevilla stage fightback
- Juve back to winning ways as Allegri throws caution to the wind
- Champion Kerber overpowered by Vandeweghe in Melbourne
- Ten-man Arsenal win thriller with last-gasp penalty
- Champions Leicester slip to new low at Southampton
- Federer shows iron-man quality to reach quarters
- Tears flow as Chapecoense return to action
- Frequent Iniesta injuries a problem for Barca coach Luis Enrique
- Napoli put another dent in Milan's Champions League hopes
- Top seed Andy Murray knocked out in Australian Open fourth round
- Bangladesh probing Bengali army officers' crime links in Pakistan war
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny remanded in ICT case filed by woman
- Ispahani Group boss Mirza Ali Behrouze Ispahani passes away
- President hopes Bangladesh will get developed nation status by 2041
- Authorities shut Mymensingh Medical College indefinitely
- Arrests on fake warrants discovered in Bangladesh
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- New Zealand complete series sweep after Bangladesh collapse
- Bangladesh to devise master plan in January to improve its 'ease of doing business' rankings
- Hasina promises to track down, bring MP Liton's killers to justice