James double helps Real beat Sevilla in King's Cup
Published: 2017-01-05 12:29:21.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-05 12:29:21.0 BdST
Real Madrid marked Zinedine Zidane's first anniversary as manager with a comfortable 3-0 win over Sevilla in the first leg of their King's Cup last 16 tie at the Bernabeu on Wednesday.
James Rodriguez opened the scoring for Real with a powerful strike from outside the box before Raphael Varane fired home a Toni Kroos corner to double the lead.
James, who has been linked with a possible move away from the Spanish giants, added his second -- Real's third -- from the penalty spot before receiving a standing ovation when he was substituted 10 minutes before the end.
Real have now gone a club record 38 games unbeaten in all competitions under Zidane, and have only lost twice in his 53 games in charge.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Real battle back to win at Villarreal and stay top of La Liga
- Tottenham overwhelm Stoke with another Kane hat-trick
- United's Ibrahimovic strikes twice to win League Cup
- Messi strikes late again to sink Atletico
- Chelsea surge 11 points clear, Leicester into bottom three
- Leicester’s Vardy denies role in Ranieri sacking
- Zidane warns Real to be wary of "game of the year" for opponents
- Simeone not convinced by Barcelona's slump in form
- Chelsea stretch lead with victory over Swansea
- Simeone seeks first Liga win over Barca in his 300th game
- Nokia goes back to the future with 49 euro 3310 mobile phone
- Bangladesh Parliament passes law allowing child marriage in ‘special circumstances’
- Bangladesh government accused of patronising killings of secular bloggers
- SP’s transfer as punishment a great intellectual fraud: Ex-NHRC chief
- Bangladesh officially recognises Kosovo as an independent country
- Fire breaks out at footwear factory in Dhaka
- Bangladesh High Court orders 28 drugmakers to stop producing antibiotics, steroids and cancer drugs
- Fire at garment factory in Narayanganj
- Bangladesh opens first solar-powered silo with climate-controlled facility
- Singer-composer Lucky Akhand in critical condition: Family