BNP chief Khaleda Zia tweets Pahela Baishakh greetings
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-04-14 15:16:30.0 BdST Updated: 2017-04-14 15:30:30.0 BdST
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia has greeted citizens on Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bangla New Year, from her Twitter account.
"May Bangla New Year 1424 bring peace, prosperity and freedom. Shubho Noboborsho (Happy New Year)," Khaleda tweeted on Friday morning.
Khaleda Zia, File Photo
The office has been decorated with Pahela Baishakh theme, he said adding that well-known singers of the country may perform at the event.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Khaleda asks for new judge again in Zia Orphanage Trust graft trial
- Khaleda’s 11 cases: Hearings delayed again
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Tarique Rahman's mother-in-law secures bail in graft case
- Election 'won't be easy' without BNP, Mirza Fakhrul says
- Stage collapses in Mohila Dal event in Chittagong, BNP leaders blame overcrowding
- Awami League MP Shamim Osman says Hifazat was not involved in May 5 Motijheel mayhem
- BNP questions Indian Army chief’s frequent Dhaka visit; ISPR says no visit scheduled
- Two CU BCL leaders expelled after clash with police
- Underfire Quader implores journalists not to make crow-hen reference
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- RAB arrests BUET student, suspected JMB ‘bomb expert’
- SSC results date announced
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia
- Law Minister Anisul Huq asks chief justice not to complain publicly
- Device found in Sylhet school not a bomb, says RAB
- Five-year-old Sumaiya missing for 23 days now