Obaidul Quader says ‘shops’ like Olama League should be closed
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-12 23:50:58.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-13 00:00:15.0 BdST
Ruling party general secretary Obaidul Quader has said the ‘shops’ like Olama League must be closed as they are, at times, tarnishing the image of the party.
Organisations using the name Awami or League mushroomed in recent years and they are criticised for their involvement in various controversial works.
“There are statements from Olama League that support the Hifazat demands. There are extortion charges against many other organisations using Awami League name,” he said.
He was speaking at a discussion meeting at the Bangabandhu Avenue on Sunday.
“I saw Awami Prochar (publicity) League, Awami Olama league and Projonmo League on the street,” he said adding “these are shops opened in the name of politics and those must be closed.”
“You cannot count those in numbers. Those grew like mushroom and when the national or party landmark days come they become involved in extortion,” he complained.
“These organisations are tarnishing the party reputation.” He urged the party to resist these orgnaisations and their activities.
“Where are the headquarters of these organisations? Please come forward to shut those.”
He requested the media that if any Awami League leader becomes a guest in the programme of those organisations, not to cover them.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM's India visit will mean nothing without signing of Teesta deal, says BNP's Mirza Fakhrul
- Ershad’s birthday celebrated in DU Madhu's Canteen
- Awami League capitalising on militancy, says BNP
- Terror attacks will be a problem before next national election, says Quader
- Obaidul Quader quashes concerns over 'secret defence deal' with India as 'baseless'
- RAW behind Zia killing, says BNP's Rizvi
- PM Hasina calls people for keeping confidence in Awami League
- Asian Group chairman running for weavers’ group Tanti League president
- RAW played a role in 2014 polls, Mirza Fakhrul believes
- Obaidul Quader says ‘shops’ like Olama League should be closed
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’