BNP leader Khairul Kabir Khokon, wife Shirin injured in road traffic accident
Senior Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-10 01:50:34.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-10 01:56:55.0 BdST
BNP Joint Secretary General Khairul Kabir Khokon and his wife former Jatiyatabadi Mohila Dal president Shirin Sultana have been injured in a road traffic accident in Narsinghdi’s Madhabdi.
The couple were admitted to the United Hospital in the capital’s Gulshan after the accident on Monday, BNP Assistant Office Secretary Taiful Islam Tipu told bdnews24.com.
He said a truck hit the car carrying Khokon and Shirin near Madhabdi intersection on Dhaka-Sylhet Highway when they were returning to Dhaka from Narsinghdi in the evening.
“The car has suffered a huge damage. They were brought to the United Hospital by another car later,” Tipu said.
He said Khokon went to Narsinghdi after attending Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir’s press conference at the party’s Naya Paltan headquarters in the morning.
Mirza Fakhrul visited Khokon and Shirin later at night, said Shairul Kabir Khan, a member of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s press wing.
Quoting the doctors, Shairul said the couple were ‘out of danger’.
Besides Shairul, BNP leaders AZM Zahid Hossain, Abdul Kaiyum, Fazlul Haque Milon, Habibul Islam Habib, Farhad Hossain Donner, Shama Obaid, and Akramul Hasan were with Mirza Fakhrul.
BNP Standing Committee members Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain and Mirza Abbas enquired about their condition by phone, Shairul said.
Shirin had headed Mohila Dal for a long time. After the BNP decided to keep single post for every leader, she was made self-reliance affairs secretary of the party’s new committee last year.
She later stepped down, expressing eagerness to return to Mohila Dal leadership.
As she was not given any post in the new committee of Mohila Dal, she has been politically inactive for months.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- BNP chief Khaleda congratulates Trump over presidency
- BNP will support the anti-Rampal power plant protests on Jan 26
- Khaleda reiterates demand for an independent search committee
- BNP hopes for ‘better future’ with new Election Commission
- Obaidul Quader questions BNP’s ability to organise agitation
- Playful Hasina rolls back the days with Rehana in snow-covered Switzerland
- Leaders say BNP is in ‘political paralysis’, criticise failure to reignite activities
- EC talks: BNP urged president for ‘trustworthy’ search committee
- BNP sees strains on president-PM relations over 'difference on talks'
- President Hamid says he will consider all parties' proposals on forming next EC
- Bangladesh probing Bengali army officers' crime links in Pakistan war
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny remanded in ICT case filed by woman
- Ispahani Group boss Mirza Ali Behrouze Ispahani passes away
- President hopes Bangladesh will get developed nation status by 2041
- Authorities shut Mymensingh Medical College indefinitely
- Arrests on fake warrants discovered in Bangladesh
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- New Zealand complete series sweep after Bangladesh collapse
- Bangladesh to devise master plan in January to improve its 'ease of doing business' rankings
- Hasina promises to track down, bring MP Liton's killers to justice