BNP leader Khairul Kabir Khokon, wife Shirin injured in road traffic accident
Senior Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-10 01:50:34.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-10 01:56:55.0 BdST
BNP Joint Secretary General Khairul Kabir Khokon and his wife former Jatiyatabadi Mohila Dal president Shirin Sultana have been injured in a road traffic accident in Narsinghdi’s Madhabdi.
The couple were admitted to the United Hospital in the capital’s Gulshan after the accident on Monday, BNP Assistant Office Secretary Taiful Islam Tipu told bdnews24.com.
He said a truck hit the car carrying Khokon and Shirin near Madhabdi intersection on Dhaka-Sylhet Highway when they were returning to Dhaka from Narsinghdi in the evening.
“The car has suffered a huge damage. They were brought to the United Hospital by another car later,” Tipu said.
He said Khokon went to Narsinghdi after attending Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir’s press conference at the party’s Naya Paltan headquarters in the morning.
Mirza Fakhrul visited Khokon and Shirin later at night, said Shairul Kabir Khan, a member of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s press wing.
Quoting the doctors, Shairul said the couple were ‘out of danger’.
Besides Shairul, BNP leaders AZM Zahid Hossain, Abdul Kaiyum, Fazlul Haque Milon, Habibul Islam Habib, Farhad Hossain Donner, Shama Obaid, and Akramul Hasan were with Mirza Fakhrul.
BNP Standing Committee members Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain and Mirza Abbas enquired about their condition by phone, Shairul said.
Shirin had headed Mohila Dal for a long time. After the BNP decided to keep single post for every leader, she was made self-reliance affairs secretary of the party’s new committee last year.
She later stepped down, expressing eagerness to return to Mohila Dal leadership.
As she was not given any post in the new committee of Mohila Dal, she has been politically inactive for months.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Suranjit's wife Joya seeks Awami League ticket to run for Sunamganj constituency
- CPB, BaSoD call half-day shutdown for Feb 28 against gas price hike
- BNP protests gas price hike, to demonstrate 'later'
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Jatiya Party chief HM Ershad wants to see Syed Abul Hossain in Cabinet again
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- US Ambassador Bernicat meets BNP chief Khaleda
- Bangla should be made an official UN language: Obaidul Quader
- BNP will continue movement until democracy restored: Mirza Fakhrul
- Shaon files police complaint over 'embarrassing, horrifying' Facebook Live video
- Ruling Khulna MP's son using boundary wall to 'grab a family land'
- Bangladesh Ambassador in Thailand receives Atish Dipankar Peace Gold Award
- Power prices to follow hike in gas prices, says minister
- India arrests its citizen with Bangladesh passport; police suspect militant link
- India signs MoU for sustainable development of Sylhet city
- Bharti Airtel to buy Telenor's India unit as rival Jio spurs consolidation
- Sylhet's Khadiza finally returns home
- Bangladeshi man killed in New York by landlord over rent dispute: Police
- Three killed, 12 injured in Bangladesh picnic bus crash