BNP's Mirza Fakhrul blames Awami League for massive corruption
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-03 09:55:38.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-03 09:55:38.0 BdST
The BNP claims to be in possession of evidence that indicates spouses of ruling party members are acquiring property outside the country.
Senior leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said on Monday that it points to massive corruption under the ruling Awami League.
He was addressing the raising day programme of Jatiya Party (Kazi Zafar) at the Diploma Engineer's Institute in Dhaka's Kakrail.
JP (Zafar) is part of the BNP-led 20-Party alliance.
The BNP secretary general claimed the number of Swiss bank accounts maintained by Bangladeshis was rising and that wives of ruling party functionaries were acquiring real estate overseas.
He said that names of prominent people from Bangladesh have surfaced in the infamous Panama Papers.
Mirza Fakhrul also blamed the local MP Abdul Kalam Azad and Awami League leaders for the fire mishap at Gaibandha's Gobindaganj area.
"In order to grab land belonging to the Hindu community in Brahmanbarhia, everything was burnt down," he said.
He also criticised the eviction at Dhaka's Mohammadpur.
Mirza Fakhrul also accused the ruling party of using terror to crush the opposition parties.
He also lashed out at HM Ershad and said he had colluded with 'fascist elements' in 2014 to grab power.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Khaleda will be able to contest elections even if she is convicted: Moudud
- BNP nominates Monirul Haque Sakku for Comilla City Corporation election
- CPB, BaSad questions BERC's role, announces 'public hearing' over gas prices hike
- Suranjit's wife Joya seeks Awami League ticket to run for Sunamganj constituency
- CPB, BaSoD call half-day shutdown for Feb 28 against gas price hike
- BNP protests gas price hike, to demonstrate 'later'
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Jatiya Party chief HM Ershad wants to see Syed Abul Hossain in Cabinet again
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- Extradition of Bangabandhu killer will be a major breakthrough in Bangladesh-Canada relations: Shahriar
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- New government report finds Bangladesh island chosen to relocate Rohingyas as 'fit for habitation'
- Separate road crashes in Cox's Bazar leave five killed, at least 20 injured
- Ruling Khulna MP's son using boundary wall to 'grab a family land'
- Old Dhaka road crash leaves medical college student killed
- Shaon files police complaint over 'embarrassing, horrifying' Facebook Live video
- PM Hasina stresses product diversification, exploring new markets for apparel exports
- Former MP Kader Khan 'confesses to planning and training’ to execute MP Liton’s murder