BNP leader Salahuddin sent to jail in sabotage cases
Court Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-12-28 17:31:11.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-28 17:31:11.0 BdST
Court has sent BNP politician Salahuddin Ahmed to jail in several cases of sabotage during the nonstop blockade programme of his party last year.
The former Dhaka-4 MP is accused in total 15 cases, of which the court passed order for 11.
Metropolitan Magistrate Golam Nabi passed the order on Wednesday after Salahuddin surrendered in court and pleaded for bail.
Salahuddin was ordered jail in seven cases at Jatrabarhi Police Station, three at Kadamtoli Police Station and one at Shyampur Police Station.
He secured bail in two cases at the Jatrabarhi Police Station, one at Wari Police Station and another at Gendaria Police Station.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Khaleda’s 11 cases: Hearings delayed again
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Tarique Rahman's mother-in-law secures bail in graft case
- Election 'won't be easy' without BNP, Mirza Fakhrul says
- Stage collapses in Mohila Dal event in Chittagong, BNP leaders blame overcrowding
- Awami League MP Shamim Osman says Hifazat was not involved in May 5 Motijheel mayhem
- BNP questions Indian Army chief’s frequent Dhaka visit; ISPR says no visit scheduled
- Two CU BCL leaders expelled after clash with police
- Underfire Quader implores journalists not to make crow-hen reference
- HM Ershad acquitted of corruption charges over procuring radars
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- SSC results date announced
- Former British PM David Cameron coming to Dhaka
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia
- Bangladesh life expectancy up: BBS
- ‘Improvised bomb’ found at Sylhet school
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- Death penalties reduced to life term is imprisonment until death: AG