BNP leader Salahuddin sent to jail in sabotage cases
Court Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-12-28 17:31:11.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-28 17:31:11.0 BdST
Court has sent BNP politician Salahuddin Ahmed to jail in several cases of sabotage during the nonstop blockade programme of his party last year.
The former Dhaka-4 MP is accused in total 15 cases, of which the court passed order for 11.
Metropolitan Magistrate Golam Nabi passed the order on Wednesday after Salahuddin surrendered in court and pleaded for bail.
Salahuddin was ordered jail in seven cases at Jatrabarhi Police Station, three at Kadamtoli Police Station and one at Shyampur Police Station.
He secured bail in two cases at the Jatrabarhi Police Station, one at Wari Police Station and another at Gendaria Police Station.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- BNP sees strains on president-PM relations over 'difference on talks'
- President Hamid says he will consider all parties' proposals on forming next EC
- BNP leader Sabih Uddin admitted to Dhaka’s United Hospital
- Kader Siddique loses final legal battle over Tangail-4 by-polls nomination
- President Hamid urges parties to talk for fair election
- Nirob made Juba Dal president, Tuku general secretary
- Tangail Awami League expels MP Rana, prime suspect in freedom fighter's murder
- Zafrullah advises Rizvi to limit making media comments
- Hifazat-e Islam praises govt for ‘cleansing textbooks’
- PM asks ruling Awami League to get ready for a tough parliamentary election
- Bangladeshi gas station worker shot dead in Los Angeles
- Government splits home ministry in two divisions
- 'Brand Bangladesh’ on world stage in Davos World Economic Forum
- First freight train from China to Britain arrives in London
- Former Egypt ambassador in Dhaka to take back his seized car
- Woman surrenders to police after murdering husband
- Muminul dropped from Christchurch Test, Mustafizur, Shanto included
- Police arrest alleged attacker of Sylhet college girl Zhuma
- Obama suggests US embassy shift to Jerusalem could be 'explosive'
- Hasina faces question on Rampal Power Plant at Davos