BNP leader Salahuddin sent to jail in sabotage cases
Court Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-12-28 17:31:11.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-28 17:31:11.0 BdST
Court has sent BNP politician Salahuddin Ahmed to jail in several cases of sabotage during the nonstop blockade programme of his party last year.
The former Dhaka-4 MP is accused in total 15 cases, of which the court passed order for 11.
Metropolitan Magistrate Golam Nabi passed the order on Wednesday after Salahuddin surrendered in court and pleaded for bail.
Salahuddin was ordered jail in seven cases at Jatrabarhi Police Station, three at Kadamtoli Police Station and one at Shyampur Police Station.
He secured bail in two cases at the Jatrabarhi Police Station, one at Wari Police Station and another at Gendaria Police Station.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Khaleda will be able to contest elections even if she is convicted: Moudud
- BNP nominates Monirul Haque Sakku for Comilla City Corporation election
- CPB, BaSad questions BERC's role, announces 'public hearing' over gas prices hike
- Suranjit's wife Joya seeks Awami League ticket to run for Sunamganj constituency
- CPB, BaSoD call half-day shutdown for Feb 28 against gas price hike
- BNP protests gas price hike, to demonstrate 'later'
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Jatiya Party chief HM Ershad wants to see Syed Abul Hossain in Cabinet again
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- Extradition of Bangabandhu killer will be a major breakthrough in Bangladesh-Canada relations: Shahriar
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- New government report finds Bangladesh island chosen to relocate Rohingyas as 'fit for habitation'
- Separate road crashes in Cox's Bazar leave five killed, at least 20 injured
- Ruling Khulna MP's son using boundary wall to 'grab a family land'
- Old Dhaka road crash leaves medical college student killed
- Shaon files police complaint over 'embarrassing, horrifying' Facebook Live video
- PM Hasina stresses product diversification, exploring new markets for apparel exports
- Former MP Kader Khan 'confesses to planning and training’ to execute MP Liton’s murder