Kader Siddiqui summoned
Published: 2013-02-19 08:32:59.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-18 06:13:03.0 BdST
A Dhaka court on Tuesday summoned Bangladesh Krishak-Sramik Janata League President Kader Siddiqui for one of his speeches that allegedly ‘defames’ Home Minister MK Alamgir.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrates Court issued summons for Mar 18 after primary hearing of a petition from one Freedom Fighter Ruhul Amin Majumder Tuesday morning.
The petition statement said Kader Siddiqui on Feb 9 at a party rally had said war crimes trials were not possible with a 'Razakar Home Minister' around. The statement was reported in the media the next day.
Kader Siddiqui, a Bir Uttam had said he could provide proof that MK Alamgir was a Razakar. “During Liberation War, how come he (MK Alamgir) was an Additional District Commissioner (ADC) of Mymensingh?”
Complainant Majumder from Dhaka’s Free School Street filed the case because he feels insulted by the statement as a 'freedom fighter'.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Minister Sayedul Hoque dropped from AL's Brahmanbarhia district advisory council
- Talk to political parties to appoint election commissioners: BNP to government
- JaSoD leader, BSMMU Professor Moazzem Hossain dies
- Rival US Awami League activists bicker at Hasina's reception in New York
- BNP chief Khaleda returns from Hajj, causes traffic mayhem on Airport Road
- Warrants out for BNP Vice-Chairman Selima Rahman, 13 others in firebombing of bus
- Awami League asks the BNP not to create 'unnecessary' controversy about election commission
- Just prior to the Hasina's UN speech AL, BNP trade slogan attacks in New York
- Mass AL gathering to escort Hasina from airport to Ganabhaban on Sep 26
- Dhaka court indicts 74 including Mirza Fakhrul in violence case with Paltan police
- Canada not expelling Noor Chowdhury, law minister says
- 'Water Taxi' for Dhaka under Hatirjheel Development Plan
- Bangladesh captain Mashrafe eyes attacking cricket against Afghanistan
- No terror link found with man deported from Malaysia: Police
- Police find no evidence against Comilla BCL leader murder suspect Imran
- ICC clears Taskin, Sunny bowling actions after assessment
- 'AK-47 seller' Akash lands in Feni jail after deportation from Malaysia
- After split, London's Madame Tussauds separates Jolie, Pitt wax figures
- Covered van runs over five persons in Chittagong after hitting bus on highway
- Nazmul Quaunine new Bangladesh envoy in the UK