Kader Siddiqui summoned
Published: 2013-02-19 08:32:59.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-18 06:13:03.0 BdST
A Dhaka court on Tuesday summoned Bangladesh Krishak-Sramik Janata League President Kader Siddiqui for one of his speeches that allegedly ‘defames’ Home Minister MK Alamgir.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrates Court issued summons for Mar 18 after primary hearing of a petition from one Freedom Fighter Ruhul Amin Majumder Tuesday morning.
The petition statement said Kader Siddiqui on Feb 9 at a party rally had said war crimes trials were not possible with a 'Razakar Home Minister' around. The statement was reported in the media the next day.
Kader Siddiqui, a Bir Uttam had said he could provide proof that MK Alamgir was a Razakar. “During Liberation War, how come he (MK Alamgir) was an Additional District Commissioner (ADC) of Mymensingh?”
Complainant Majumder from Dhaka’s Free School Street filed the case because he feels insulted by the statement as a 'freedom fighter'.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Teesta deal to be signed in time, says Awami League's Obaidul Quader
- BNP, Jamaat lawyers dominate in Supreme Court Bar Association election
- Awami League joins Brussels to condemn terror attack
- Defence pact with India may ruin Bangladesh’s freedom, says Fakhrul
- SC clears way for Niko graft case against Khaleda Zia
- PM's India visit will mean nothing without signing of Teesta deal, says BNP's Mirza Fakhrul
- Ershad’s birthday celebrated in DU Madhu's Canteen
- Awami League capitalising on militancy, says BNP
- Terror attacks will be a problem before next national election, says Quader
- Obaidul Quader quashes concerns over 'secret defence deal' with India as 'baseless'
- One killed in blast near Dhaka airport; police rule out 'suicide attack'
- Security forces mount raid on Sylhet building
- 'Send in the SWAT!' - militant suspect tells police surrounding Sylhet building
- Donald Trump greets Abdul Hamid, Sheikh Hasina on Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Army para-commandos, SWAT launch assault on militant den in Sylhet's Shibbarhi
- Ex-husband of slain bank employee Arifa caught in Tangail
- Islamic State 'claims responsibility for attack' at Dhaka airport roundabout
- Mashrafe urges Mustafizur to shine against Sri Lanka in Dambulla
- Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first: Mamata
- Army para-commandos, SWAT, police wait for final assault at Sylhet ‘militant den’