Kader Siddiqui summoned
Published: 2013-02-19 08:32:59.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-18 06:13:03.0 BdST
A Dhaka court on Tuesday summoned Bangladesh Krishak-Sramik Janata League President Kader Siddiqui for one of his speeches that allegedly ‘defames’ Home Minister MK Alamgir.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrates Court issued summons for Mar 18 after primary hearing of a petition from one Freedom Fighter Ruhul Amin Majumder Tuesday morning.
The petition statement said Kader Siddiqui on Feb 9 at a party rally had said war crimes trials were not possible with a 'Razakar Home Minister' around. The statement was reported in the media the next day.
Kader Siddiqui, a Bir Uttam had said he could provide proof that MK Alamgir was a Razakar. “During Liberation War, how come he (MK Alamgir) was an Additional District Commissioner (ADC) of Mymensingh?”
Complainant Majumder from Dhaka’s Free School Street filed the case because he feels insulted by the statement as a 'freedom fighter'.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Bangladesh school suspends Hindu teacher for ‘Like’ on Facebook post against Islam
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Probe body hints at involvement of insiders in Bangladesh Bank heist
- Singapore convicts four Bangladeshis of terrorism financing
- Pakistan must target all jihadist groups: Crisis Group
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title