Rapper Kanye West released from hospital: Media reports
Published: 2016-12-01 10:56:22.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-01 10:56:22.0 BdST
Rapper Kanye West was released from hospital on Wednesday, according to media outlets citing unidentified sources, more than a week after he was admitted for exhaustion.
CNN and the Los Angeles Times said West left the UCLA Medical Center. People magazine quoted an unidentified source as saying West was "home, getting some rest."
Representatives for West could not immediately be reached by Reuters for comment on West's health status or hospital release.
A spokesperson for West's wife, reality TV star Kim Kardashian, said in an email there were no updates and referred queries to West's representatives.
The "Jesus Walks" rapper, 39, was taken to the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at the University of California, Los Angeles, last week after police responded to a call for help, several media outlets reported.
Sources close to the rapper told People he was exhausted from a "spiritual crisis."
West's hospitalisation followed a series of public rants and the cancellation of the rest of his concert tour.
It came after a demanding couple of months for the rapper and his wife after she was robbed at gunpoint in Paris, forcing the family to reassess its security and public profile.
Kardashian, according to reports, has been by West's bedside during his hospitalisation. Her E! Network reality show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," is "currently in production and has not been halted," a network representative said in a statement.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Pope Francis says 'wait and see' on Trump
- The Trumps: Meet the new US First Family
- Gene Cernan, last astronaut to walk on moon, dies at 82
- Shakira urges Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- Baby kidnapped from Florida hospital found safe 18 years later
- New Zealand father and daughter found in Australia after month at sea
- American voters think Trump should close Twitter account: Poll
- 'Pharma bro' Shkreli suspended from Twitter for harassment
- Trump blasts Schwarzenegger over ' Apprentice' ratings
- Fired from 'Apprentice,' Omarosa may get Trump White House job
- Two Bangladeshis arrested in Malaysia for suspected link to Islamic State cell
- Tourists from Japan say Bangladesh is safe
- Trump signs order withdrawing US from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- Use of jute bags mandatory for 11 more products
- Bangladesh man arrested at 27th wife's home on 25th wife's complaint
- No risk in using bamboo, wood as extra support in rail bridges: Ministry
- Bail denied to cricketer Arafat Sunny in ICT case
- PM Hasina flays rights bodies over silence in MP Liton's murder
- Bangladesh sees no impact of Trump's bringing back Mexico City policy