Rapper Kanye West released from hospital: Media reports
Published: 2016-12-01 10:56:22.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-01 10:56:22.0 BdST
Rapper Kanye West was released from hospital on Wednesday, according to media outlets citing unidentified sources, more than a week after he was admitted for exhaustion.
CNN and the Los Angeles Times said West left the UCLA Medical Center. People magazine quoted an unidentified source as saying West was "home, getting some rest."
Representatives for West could not immediately be reached by Reuters for comment on West's health status or hospital release.
A spokesperson for West's wife, reality TV star Kim Kardashian, said in an email there were no updates and referred queries to West's representatives.
The "Jesus Walks" rapper, 39, was taken to the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at the University of California, Los Angeles, last week after police responded to a call for help, several media outlets reported.
Sources close to the rapper told People he was exhausted from a "spiritual crisis."
West's hospitalisation followed a series of public rants and the cancellation of the rest of his concert tour.
It came after a demanding couple of months for the rapper and his wife after she was robbed at gunpoint in Paris, forcing the family to reassess its security and public profile.
Kardashian, according to reports, has been by West's bedside during his hospitalisation. Her E! Network reality show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," is "currently in production and has not been halted," a network representative said in a statement.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Macron’s unusual love story carries on French tradition
- Six Bangladeshi-Canadian women receive PACE-RMM Women Achievers Award
- Pope condemns Egypt church blast, appeals for end to terror
- Gilbert Baker, creator of the rainbow flag, dies at 65
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- US judge grants Singaporean blogger's asylum request
- Girl born with four legs is separated from parasitic twin in Chicago surgery
- Trump's net worth dwindled to $3.5 billion, Forbes says
- Life lessons from the 'first lady of nails'
- Jane Fonda speaks of rape, abuse, and her 'disease to please'
- 'Operation Eagle Hunt' on: Final appeal to militants to surrender
- Hillary Clinton’s aides threatened me with tax audit: Sajeeb Wazed Joy
- Commerce Minister Tofail hints at 'conspiracy' behind Dollar gaining against Taka
- Cameron ‘proud’ of Bangladesh, says ‘sorry’ for not visiting as prime minister
- Housewife bites off alleged rapist's tongue in Feni
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- Hot, humid weather may continue for two more days, says Met office
- Actor Vinod Khanna dies at 70 from cancer
- Unite to fight against violent ideology of terrorism, ex-PM Cameron says from Dhaka
- Five-year-old Sumaiya speaks about her 'abduction'