Hollande's haircuts set French social media alight
Published: 2016-07-14 16:46:06.0 BdST Updated: 2016-07-14 16:55:20.0 BdST
French social media was abuzz with suggestions of novel haircuts for Francois Hollande on Wednesday after it emerged that the French president's receding hairline was maintained by a costly, round-the-clock hairdresser.
Satirical newspaper Le Canard Enchaine triggered the fuss with a report, later confirmed by the government, that the 61-year-old was paying nearly 10,000 euros a month to keep his hair in shape.
"Everyone gets haircuts," government spokesman Stephane Le Foll said. "This hairdresser had to abandon his salon and he's on tap 24 hours a day."
Twitter fans made fun of it all with altered photographs and videos, showing Hollande with rock-and-roll or punk haircuts, and in various other guises as the Queen of England, former Paris Saint-Germain soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and the president's ex-partner Valerie Trierweiler.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Gene Cernan, last astronaut to walk on moon, dies at 82
- Shakira urges Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- Baby kidnapped from Florida hospital found safe 18 years later
- New Zealand father and daughter found in Australia after month at sea
- American voters think Trump should close Twitter account: Poll
- 'Pharma bro' Shkreli suspended from Twitter for harassment
- Trump blasts Schwarzenegger over ' Apprentice' ratings
- Fired from 'Apprentice,' Omarosa may get Trump White House job
- Pope Francis urges world leaders to tackle youth unemployment
- Passenger removed from flight after confrontation with Ivanka Trump
- Bangladeshi gas station worker shot dead in Los Angeles
- Government splits home ministry in two divisions
- 'Brand Bangladesh’ on world stage in Davos World Economic Forum
- Former Egypt ambassador in Dhaka to take back his seized car
- First freight train from China to Britain arrives in London
- Woman surrenders to police after murdering husband
- Muminul dropped from Christchurch Test, Mustafizur, Shanto included
- Police arrest alleged attacker of Sylhet college girl Zhuma
- Obama suggests US embassy shift to Jerusalem could be 'explosive'
- Hasina faces question on Rampal Power Plant at Davos