Hollande's haircuts set French social media alight
Published: 2016-07-14 16:46:06.0 BdST Updated: 2016-07-14 16:55:20.0 BdST
French social media was abuzz with suggestions of novel haircuts for Francois Hollande on Wednesday after it emerged that the French president's receding hairline was maintained by a costly, round-the-clock hairdresser.
Satirical newspaper Le Canard Enchaine triggered the fuss with a report, later confirmed by the government, that the 61-year-old was paying nearly 10,000 euros a month to keep his hair in shape.
"Everyone gets haircuts," government spokesman Stephane Le Foll said. "This hairdresser had to abandon his salon and he's on tap 24 hours a day."
Twitter fans made fun of it all with altered photographs and videos, showing Hollande with rock-and-roll or punk haircuts, and in various other guises as the Queen of England, former Paris Saint-Germain soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and the president's ex-partner Valerie Trierweiler.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- US judge grants Singaporean blogger's asylum request
- Girl born with four legs is separated from parasitic twin in Chicago surgery
- Trump's net worth dwindled to $3.5 billion, Forbes says
- Life lessons from the 'first lady of nails'
- Jane Fonda speaks of rape, abuse, and her 'disease to please'
- US, Japan first ladies: both unconventional yet poles apart
- Pope Francis says 'wait and see' on Trump
- The Trumps: Meet the new US First Family
- Gene Cernan, last astronaut to walk on moon, dies at 82
- Security forces launch operation on terror den in Moulvibazar
- Security forces raiding two militant hideouts in Moulvibazar
- Police move to raid 'militant hideout' in Comilla
- Section 144 clamped around two suspected Moulvibazar militant hideouts
- SWAT team heading for Moulvibazar terror dens, army if needed, says home minister
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Bangladesh Bank heist was 'state-sponsored': US official
- Police inspector in Bogra found hanging at home
- RAB intel chief, injured in Sylhet blasts, to be brought back from Singapore
- Pakistan not sending team to IPU Assembly in Bangladesh