Paris Fashion sparkles in Chanel's hall of mirrors
Published: 2017-01-24 23:48:01.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-24 23:48:01.0 BdST
Paris sparkled under Chanel's stage lights on Tuesday as the French house created a hall of mirrors to showcase its latest couture collection at Paris Fashion Week.
With a reflective runway and mirrored pillars topped with white lilies, Paris's fashion pack could see themselves and enjoy designer Karl Lagerfeld's creations from all angles.
They included suits in pastel shades that were given a twist with a tulip silhouette and concealed pockets, complete with brimmed hats worn off the back of the head.
Elsewhere, a sequined silver cocktail dress with touches of purple and pink, belted below the bust, melted into a pink feather skirt dusted with metallic leaves.
Model and Chanel muse Lily-Rose Depp, daughter of actor Johnny Depp and French singer Vanessa Paradis, closed the show in a dusky pink gown, its bouncing ruffles tumbling to the floor.
Depp did a lap of honor with Lagerfeld at the end of the show but the designer, who has headed up the house for over three decades, declined to give any post-show interviews for the first time in many years.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Gold coin worth $4 million stolen from Berlin museum
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Britain's Prince George, 3, to start school in September
- Tobacco treaty has helped cut smoking rates, but more work needed
- Afghan music contest pits first female finalist against rapper
- Norway unseats Denmark as world's happiest country: report
- Thimble, wheelbarrow, boot kicked out of Monopoly board game
- Vienna again ranked world's nicest city, and Baghdad worst
- Thailand lays out buffet for elephants in national celebration
- Thai contestant crowned Miss International Queen in transgender pageant
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Rain sinks Sri Lanka hopes after Mendis century, Taskin hat-trick in Dambulla
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Bombs turned Atia Mahal into a death trap, says army after Operation Twilight
- Four suspects dead inside Sylhet's terror den, army to continue operation
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- MP Salim Osman to face trial for publicly humiliating school teacher
- Indian visa rules for Bangladeshis relaxed further