French 'Spiderman' climbs Barcelona skyscraper harness-free
Published: 2016-11-26 10:59:36.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-26 10:59:36.0 BdST
French "Spiderman" Alain Robert scaled one of the tallest skyscrapers in Barcelona without a harness on Friday.
Bystanders and police watched as the 54-year-old climbed up and then descended the Torre Agbar, a glass-covered office building known for its night-time illuminations, completing the feat in around one hour.
Alain Robert is detained by police after he scaled the skyscraper. Reuters
Robert has conquered over 100 structures worldwide including San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, Dubai's Burj Khalifa complex, the Eiffel Tower in Paris and the Sydney Opera House without safety equipment.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- All-female Afghan orchestra puts women's rights at Davos center stage
- That was hairy - Paris wax museum plays catchup with Trump dummy
- Tight security as Madame Tussauds unveils UK waxwork of Trump
- Oldest gorilla in captivity dies in Ohio at 60 years old
- After Vatican controversy, McDonald's helps feed homeless in Rome
- Iraqi artist recreates ancient artefacts destroyed by Islamic State
- Jovago Bangladesh offers ‘hitch-free' pre-booking of hotels in Dhaka
- It's the Year of the (Giant Inflatable Trump) Rooster at one Chinese factory
- Swedish archaeologists discover 12 ancient Egyptian cemeteries near Aswan
- Tuna fetches $614,000 at Tokyo's famed New Year's fish auction
- Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny arrested in ICT case filed by woman
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny remanded in ICT case filed by woman
- Bangladesh probing Bengali army officers' crime links in Pakistan war
- UAE officials raid shops, slap fines for sending money to Bangladesh bypassing laws
- White House accuses media of playing down inauguration crowds
- Bangladesh closing down school that dubbed pro-Pakistan Monem Khan 'martyr'
- Two Indian soldiers killed in Assam
- Bangladesh home minister's son demands hanging of 'atheist' on Facebook
- Awami League leader Suranjit's former aide found guilty of corruption
- Trump fans shocked by foreign-made 'Make America Great Again' caps