French 'Spiderman' climbs Barcelona skyscraper harness-free
Published: 2016-11-26 10:59:36.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-26 10:59:36.0 BdST
French "Spiderman" Alain Robert scaled one of the tallest skyscrapers in Barcelona without a harness on Friday.
Bystanders and police watched as the 54-year-old climbed up and then descended the Torre Agbar, a glass-covered office building known for its night-time illuminations, completing the feat in around one hour.
Alain Robert is detained by police after he scaled the skyscraper. Reuters
Robert has conquered over 100 structures worldwide including San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, Dubai's Burj Khalifa complex, the Eiffel Tower in Paris and the Sydney Opera House without safety equipment.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Ski resort razed by the Taliban lifts Pakistan's domestic tourism
- 'LOL' T-shirt designer hopes to cash in on North Korean assassination
- First transgender model on French Vogue cover
- Bangladesh rings in spring with music, dance
- Hottest cut of all - Gaza barber wields blowtorch
- Jewellery ties east to west in Dhaka startup Ora
- Afghan girls fight prejudice with martial arts
- Tourism in Slovenia boosted by US First Lady Melania Trump factor
- Miss Universe beauty pageant kicks off in Manila
- Orwell's '1984' back as bestseller amid focus on 'alternative facts'
- British Muslim schoolteacher of Bangladeshi origin denied entry to US
- BNP Chief Khaleda slammed for standing on the main platform at Central Shaheed Minar
- Bangladesh paying tribute to Language Movement martyrs
- 'Printing mistake’ puts number of Language Movement martyrs at 3 million
- Car of slain Gaibandha MP Liton's sister 'attacked'
- PM calls for way to stop youths from speaking Bangla in English style
- Mustafizur returns in Test squad for Sri Lanka, Imrul Kayes dropped
- Myanmar probing police 'cover-up' of deaths of two Rohingya Muslims
- BSF claims its non-lethal strategy drawing more attacks along borders
- Blogger Rajib murder death row convict Rana remanded in anti-terror case