Pick perfumes to suit your personality
Published: 2015-06-16 23:22:22.0 BdST Updated: 2015-06-16 23:22:22.0 BdST
Finding the perfect fragrance can be a tough nut to crack! Choose a perfume from family of six fragrance groups - fresh, floral, oriental, woods, fougère and chypre, that blends with your personality, says an expert.
Rajiv Sheth, CEO and director of perfume house All Good Scents, shares what to keep in mind while choosing a perfume:
* Scents you like: Take a stock of the fragrances you like. It can be the smell of a particular flower or fruit or maybe of rain and wet earth or sandalwood.
Once you decide the smell you like the most, it will be easier for you to find the perfume with similar notes.
* Person you are buying the perfume for: Buy a perfume according to the personality of the person you are buying it for as perfumes and personality traits go hand-in-hand.
For your mother, pick up something with notes of vanilla and white musk which will echo her confidence making her smell remarkably radiant.
Gift a perfume with notes of rose and blackcurrant to that flirty friend of yours that bring out her playfulness with elegance and grace.
Choose perfumes with notes of cardamom, lavender and cinnamon for your rockstar father who is an icon to you.
Shower your love on a free spirited vivacious man with fragrances that have notes of lemon, cedar, oak moss and mandarin.
* Best for your skin type: Always spray it on your skin to see if the fragrance works well for you. Also consider the type of skin you have before wearing a perfume.
On dry skin, the fragrance will dissipate faster. For a long lasting effect, remember to moisturise your skin as the fragrance will blend in with the moisturised skin ensuring long lasting fragrance.
* Wearing the fragrance: Perfumes tend to react with fluctuating body temperature throughout the day and emit scent accordingly. To maximise the smell of your perfume, apply it on your pulse points.
Wear the perfume on wrist, inside your elbows, the nape of your neck, on your cleavage and even behind the knees.
A light mist of fragrance through the hair can also be applied for a long lasting effect.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- California's 'weed nuns' on a mission to heal with cannabis
- Prince Harry sought counselling more than a decade after mother's death
- As millions watch via webcam, giraffe gives birth in NY zoo
- No yolk! Bosnian villagers shoe eggs to keep age-old craft alive
- Trumpet voluntary - Elephants 'excited' by banana-toting Queen Elizabeth
- High heel dress code scrapped in Canadian province of British Columbia
- Egypt unearths part of ancient King Khufu's boat
- London exhibition elevates selfies as an art form
- 'Hideous' Cristiano Ronaldo statue sparks social media laughs
- Gold coin worth $4 million stolen from Berlin museum
- Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir 'will return' his father's 1971 award to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Islamist groups plan new alliances for next election
- Oxford Union invites President Hamid but gets no response
- Chapainawabganj terror den: 3 bodies 'too mangled' for identification
- Australia will tour Bangladesh in late August, says BCB chief
- United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane
- Housewife bites off alleged rapist's tongue in Feni
- Five-year-old Sumaiya found after 24 days
- Tofail says foreign buyers single out Bangladesh’s labour safety issues
- Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy