Pick perfumes to suit your personality
Published: 2015-06-16 23:22:22.0 BdST Updated: 2015-06-16 23:22:22.0 BdST
Finding the perfect fragrance can be a tough nut to crack! Choose a perfume from family of six fragrance groups - fresh, floral, oriental, woods, fougère and chypre, that blends with your personality, says an expert.
Rajiv Sheth, CEO and director of perfume house All Good Scents, shares what to keep in mind while choosing a perfume:
* Scents you like: Take a stock of the fragrances you like. It can be the smell of a particular flower or fruit or maybe of rain and wet earth or sandalwood.
Once you decide the smell you like the most, it will be easier for you to find the perfume with similar notes.
* Person you are buying the perfume for: Buy a perfume according to the personality of the person you are buying it for as perfumes and personality traits go hand-in-hand.
For your mother, pick up something with notes of vanilla and white musk which will echo her confidence making her smell remarkably radiant.
Gift a perfume with notes of rose and blackcurrant to that flirty friend of yours that bring out her playfulness with elegance and grace.
Choose perfumes with notes of cardamom, lavender and cinnamon for your rockstar father who is an icon to you.
Shower your love on a free spirited vivacious man with fragrances that have notes of lemon, cedar, oak moss and mandarin.
* Best for your skin type: Always spray it on your skin to see if the fragrance works well for you. Also consider the type of skin you have before wearing a perfume.
On dry skin, the fragrance will dissipate faster. For a long lasting effect, remember to moisturise your skin as the fragrance will blend in with the moisturised skin ensuring long lasting fragrance.
* Wearing the fragrance: Perfumes tend to react with fluctuating body temperature throughout the day and emit scent accordingly. To maximise the smell of your perfume, apply it on your pulse points.
Wear the perfume on wrist, inside your elbows, the nape of your neck, on your cleavage and even behind the knees.
A light mist of fragrance through the hair can also be applied for a long lasting effect.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Britain's Prince George, 3, to start school in September
- Tobacco treaty has helped cut smoking rates, but more work needed
- Afghan music contest pits first female finalist against rapper
- Norway unseats Denmark as world's happiest country: report
- Thimble, wheelbarrow, boot kicked out of Monopoly board game
- Vienna again ranked world's nicest city, and Baghdad worst
- Thailand lays out buffet for elephants in national celebration
- Thai contestant crowned Miss International Queen in transgender pageant
- Archaeologists found colossus depicting 'Ramses II' in Egypt
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet anti-terror operation
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Police put on alert across country
- Burst of gunfire heard as Sylhet militant hideout siege enters fourth day
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Commandos rescue trapped residents from Sylhet 'militant den'
- Police believe man killed in blast near airport is 'missing' Mirpur youth Ayad
- It seems the army has settled for a long haul in Sylhet to neutralise the militants
- 'Neo-JMB operative’ Mizan confesses to supplying arms for Gulshan attack
- Indian borderguards step up vigil on Sylhet's border with Northeast India