103 rallies raise awareness on World Diabetes Day in Bangladesh
Senior Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-11-15 01:56:14.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-15 01:56:14.0 BdST
Danish pharma Novo Nordisk has joined forces with the Diabetic Association of Bangladesh to raise awareness of the lifestyle disease on the ‘World Diabetes Day 2016’.
The day was observed on Monday with the slogan ‘eyes on diabetes’.
With 7.1 million people living with diabetes in Bangladesh in 2015, International Diabetes Federation has put the country among the top ten diabetes-burdened countries.
The world’s largest insulin maker, Novo Nordisk in a statement said it participated in 103 rallies organised across Bangladesh with different associations affiliated with the Diabetic Association to celebrate the day.
The biggest one was taken out in Dhaka from in front of National Museum. Healthcare professionals, people living with diabetes and all employees of Novo Nordisk have participated at the rally.
They also organised a motivational programme for the children living with diabetes at Birdem hospital.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Ghana, Kenya and Malawi to pilot GSK malaria vaccine from 2018
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Bangladesh to introduce rota virus, HPV vaccines in 2018
- Bangladesh devises plan to eliminate malaria by 2030
- Understanding autism may open door to possibilities: Prof Stephen Shore
- Novo Nordisk, Leo Club support 11 intellectually disabled children’s education
- WHO South-East Asia adopts Thimphu Declaration, pledges inclusive approaches for autism
- French regulator says up to 4,100 children victims of epilepsy drug
- Impose ‘specific tax’ on tobacco products: activists
- GSK, Care team up to deploy skilled workforce for healthcare in Sunamganj
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- Former British PM David Cameron coming to Dhaka
- Hasina slams critics of bid to remove statue from Supreme Court premises
- SSC results date announced
- ‘Improvised bomb’ found at Sylhet school
- Reports of North Korea artillery drill as US submarine makes South Korea port call
- Security forces raid Rajshahi homes
- Bangladesh life expectancy up: BBS
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet