103 rallies raise awareness on World Diabetes Day in Bangladesh
Senior Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-11-15 01:56:14.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-15 01:56:14.0 BdST
Danish pharma Novo Nordisk has joined forces with the Diabetic Association of Bangladesh to raise awareness of the lifestyle disease on the ‘World Diabetes Day 2016’.
The day was observed on Monday with the slogan ‘eyes on diabetes’.
With 7.1 million people living with diabetes in Bangladesh in 2015, International Diabetes Federation has put the country among the top ten diabetes-burdened countries.
The world’s largest insulin maker, Novo Nordisk in a statement said it participated in 103 rallies organised across Bangladesh with different associations affiliated with the Diabetic Association to celebrate the day.
The biggest one was taken out in Dhaka from in front of National Museum. Healthcare professionals, people living with diabetes and all employees of Novo Nordisk have participated at the rally.
They also organised a motivational programme for the children living with diabetes at Birdem hospital.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- 25 percent of over half a million bags of blood come from donors: Quantum
- Nutella maker fights back on palm oil after cancer risk study
- Tk 173 Ventolin drug sells at Tk 400 in Dhaka, GSK says no price raised
- Smoking costs $1 trillion, soon to kill 8 million a year: WHO/NCI study
- Study finds screen use could be increasing chances of adolescent obesity
- US Republican senator introduces Obamacare repeal resolution
- BMDC serves notice on Labaid Hospitals over doctor’s death
- UK approves babies made from three parents
- Local leaders’ influence helps safe child birth in rural Bangladesh
- Social support linked to better breast cancer outcomes for patients
- Govt urges UAE to ease visa for Bangladesh nationals
- Shihab ‘killed by younger brother’, police say parents knew
- Coca-Cola eyes to strengthen roots in Bangladesh with new plant launch
- Bangladesh takes up $1 billion project to reach internet to remote parts
- As Bangladesh stock market soars, experts advise caution to investors
- Bangladesh ahead of India, Pakistan in inclusive development: WEF report
- Nordic countries laud Bangladesh for handling of Myanmar’s Rohingya influx
- Shakib moves to career-best place in Test batsmen rankings after Wellington Test
- Burqa-clad women suspected of radical propaganda at Mymensingh school
- Bangladesh cyclists community smashes Guinness World Records