Ben Affleck says he has completed treatment for alcohol addiction
Published: 2017-03-15 12:10:59.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-15 12:10:59.0 BdST
Actor Ben Affleck said on Tuesday that he had completed treatment for alcohol addiction, saying he wanted to "be the best father I can be."
Affleck, 44, said on his Facebook page that his treatment was the "first of many steps" toward his recovery and specifically thanked his "co-parent," wife Jennifer Garner, whom he separated from in 2015.
"I have completed treatment for alcohol addiction; something I've dealt with in the past and will continue to confront," the "Batman" actor wrote.
"I want my kids to know there is no shame in getting help when you need it, and to be a source of strength for anyone out there who needs help but is afraid to take the first step," he added.
Hollywood A-list couple Affleck and Garner, who have three children together, announced plans to divorce in July 2015 after 10 years of marriage.
Affleck, who has won two Oscars for his writing and producing work, will next be seen reprising the titular superhero role in "The Batman" movie.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- The truth is still out there as 'X-Files' returns for new season
- Drake profits are sought in New York lawsuit
- 'Fate of the Furious' Debuts to Hefty $100.2 Million
- Environment, politics and 'The Godfather' on Tribeca film fest menu
- Hollywood's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner file for divorce
- Apu visits ‘ailing’ Shakib in hospital
- Actor Shakib Khan hospitalised amid bickering with wife, co-actor Apu Biswas
- Sanjay Dutt biopic 60 percent complete, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Actor Shakib Khan says co-star wife Apu Biswas ‘stepped into a trap’
- Well if he calls this a conspiracy, says Apu Biswas about Shakib wanting to hide their son
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece