'Avatar 2' movie 'not happening' in 2018, James Cameron says
Published: 2017-03-12 03:34:37.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-12 03:34:37.0 BdST
The sequel to all-time box office champion "Avatar" has been delayed again and will not be arriving in movie theaters as expected in 2018, director James Cameron has said.
Cameron told the Toronto Star that he was working on all four planned movie sequels simultaneously and had no firm release date for "Avatar 2."
"Well 2018 is not happening. We haven’t announced a firm release date," the Oscar-winning director told the newspaper in an interview published on Thursday, when asked about progress on "Avatar 2."
"What people have to understand is that this is a cadence of releases. So we’re not making 'Avatar 2.' We’re making 'Avatar 2,' 3, 4 and 5. It’s an epic undertaking.
"It took us four-and-a-half years to make one movie and now we’re making four. We’re full tilt boogie right now," Cameron added.
The 2009 release of Twentieth Century Fox movie "Avatar," a fantasy adventure set in the distant magical world of Pandora, smashed box office records, taking in an as yet unrivaled $2.8 billion worldwide.
The sequel was first set for a 2014 release and has been delayed at least three times since then.
Fox did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Cameron's remarks.
Meanwhile, Disney this week gave fans a first glimpse of its Pandora theme park attraction that is due to open at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida in May.
The Pandora attraction features a Na'vi River Journey, floating mountains, luminescent plants, and an Avatar Flight of Passage ride - all inspired by the movie and its upcoming sequels, according to features on Disney-owned TV shows "Good Morning America" and "The View.".
Pandora, the World of Avatar is due to open within the park's Animal Kingdom on May 27.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- The truth is still out there as 'X-Files' returns for new season
- Drake profits are sought in New York lawsuit
- 'Fate of the Furious' Debuts to Hefty $100.2 Million
- Environment, politics and 'The Godfather' on Tribeca film fest menu
- Hollywood's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner file for divorce
- Apu visits ‘ailing’ Shakib in hospital
- Actor Shakib Khan hospitalised amid bickering with wife, co-actor Apu Biswas
- Sanjay Dutt biopic 60 percent complete, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Actor Shakib Khan says co-star wife Apu Biswas ‘stepped into a trap’
- Well if he calls this a conspiracy, says Apu Biswas about Shakib wanting to hide their son
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece