Beyonce's surprise twins announcement goes viral
Published: 2017-02-02 05:26:42.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-02 05:26:42.0 BdST
Pop superstar Beyonce has said she and her husband, rap star and entrepreneur Jay Z, are expecting twins, sending social media into a meltdown.
"We would like to share our love and happiness," Beyonce, 35, posted on her Instagram page on Wednesday.
"We have been blessed two times over. We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes," she added.
The announcement came with a photo of the "Crazy in Love" singer stripped down to her lingerie, caressing a noticeable baby bump, and wearing a veil over her head.
The news became the top trending item on Twitter with more than 500,000 tweets in the first hour.
The birth of the couple's first baby, Blue Ivy, caused a paparazzi storm in 2012 with New York's Lenox Hill hospital shutting down part of its maternity wing to accommodate music's royal couple.
Beyonce did not say when the twins were due to be born nor did she give any details about her pregnancy.
The news came less than a year after the release of Beyonce's album "Lemonade," in which she appeared to address long-standing rumours of trouble in her eight-year marriage.
The lyrics of several songs spoke about being cheated on, and regretting being married. But Beyonce made clear in the final tracks of the album and in music videos featuring Jay-Z that she had decided to stay in the relationship.
The couple have never directly addressed the rumours.
It was not clear whether the pregnancy would affect plans for the Grammy Awards on Feb 10, where Beyonce has a leading nine nominations, mostly for "Lemonade," and would be expected to perform.
She is also due to headline a concert at the Coachella music festival in southern California in April.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- 'Beauty and the Beast' dazzles again, rebooted 'Power Rangers' off to solid start
- Knight Riders, Gauri Khan pulled up for forex rule violation
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- Rebooted Power Rangers return to big screen
- Harrison Ford called himself a 'schmuck' after plane incident
- Disney stole 'Zootopia,' writer claims in US lawsuit
- Vast Beatles collection goes on auction in Paris
- Rock 'n' roll pioneer Chuck Berry dies at 90
- Polanski cannot dictate terms to end rape case: LA prosecutors
- Ben Affleck says he has completed treatment for alcohol addiction
- Bangladesh to celebrate 46th Independence Day Sunday
- At least one killed, 20 injured in blast near militant den being raided by army commandos
- Donald Trump greets Abdul Hamid, Sheikh Hasina on Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Army commandos end assault on militant hideout in Sylhet
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet anti-terror operation
- RAB intelligence chief injured in Sylhet blasts airlifted to Dhaka
- It seems the army has settled for a long haul in Sylhet to neutralise the militants
- Gunfire, blasts heard as Sylhet militant hideout siege enters third day
- Bangladesh airport authorities restrict visitors accompanying passengers
- Islamic State reportedly claims credit for Sylhet blasts