Suspects arrested in France over Kardashian robbery
Published: 2017-01-09 13:56:02.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-09 13:56:02.0 BdST
Several people were arrested and some held for questioning by police in France on Monday in connection with the robbery of reality TV star Kim Kardashian in Paris last October, Europe 1 Radio and other French media reported.
French police said at the time that the 36 year-old was robbed at gunpoint of some $9.5 million worth of jewellery by masked men who tied her up in her Paris apartment early on Oct 3.
Reports by Europe 1 and RTL Radio said 15 people were arrested in all over the robbery, in part thanks to DNA traces left behind. RTL said the perpetrators, some disguised as police officers, had quit the scene on foot and on bicycles.
A Paris police source had told Reuters in October that five attackers, wearing ski masks and clothes with police markings, struck around 3 am inside the exclusive apartment block where Kardashian had been staying while attending Paris Fashion Week.
The Paris prosecutor could not be immediately reached for comment.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Dangal star Zaira spars with India minister over comparison with girl in hijab
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan acquitted in weapons case
- Art imitates life? Kim Kardashian films cameo for jewel heist movie
- Kawasaki dumps 'Apprentice' over Trump's continued involvement
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ premieres in Taipei
- Box Office: 'Hidden Figures' Dominates MLK Weekend
- Ringling Bros circus folding its tent after nearly 150 years
- Actors Johnny Depp, Amber Heard finalise bitter divorce
- Priyanka Chopra recovering after mishap on 'Quantico' set
- Michael Jackson spoof show scrapped after family complaints
- Uber raises fare price two months after Dhaka launch
- Dhaka city cleaning trucks gather dust in repair yard
- Private Toyota car found abandoned at Sherpur market
- Bangladesh home minister's son demands hanging of 'atheist' on Facebook
- Former Egypt ambassador in Dhaka to take back his seized car
- Two missing Gaibandha Awami League leaders 'remember nothing' on return
- RAB ‘framed, beat’ Germany-based Bangladeshi expat
- Southee takes five as Bangladesh dismissed for 289
- 'The work begins!': Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US president
- Trump, sworn in as US president, vows to put 'America First' in defiant speech