Suspects arrested in France over Kardashian robbery
Published: 2017-01-09 13:56:02.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-09 13:56:02.0 BdST
Several people were arrested and some held for questioning by police in France on Monday in connection with the robbery of reality TV star Kim Kardashian in Paris last October, Europe 1 Radio and other French media reported.
French police said at the time that the 36 year-old was robbed at gunpoint of some $9.5 million worth of jewellery by masked men who tied her up in her Paris apartment early on Oct 3.
Reports by Europe 1 and RTL Radio said 15 people were arrested in all over the robbery, in part thanks to DNA traces left behind. RTL said the perpetrators, some disguised as police officers, had quit the scene on foot and on bicycles.
A Paris police source had told Reuters in October that five attackers, wearing ski masks and clothes with police markings, struck around 3 am inside the exclusive apartment block where Kardashian had been staying while attending Paris Fashion Week.
The Paris prosecutor could not be immediately reached for comment.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Disney stole 'Zootopia,' writer claims in US lawsuit
- Vast Beatles collection goes on auction in Paris
- Rock 'n' roll pioneer Chuck Berry dies at 90
- Polanski cannot dictate terms to end rape case: LA prosecutors
- Ben Affleck says he has completed treatment for alcohol addiction
- Paul McCartney should wait to get back Beatles songs, Sony/ATV says
- "Beauty and the Beast" release postponed in Malaysia, even after "gay moment" cut
- Ed Sheeran storms US Billboard charts with 'Divide'
- Sri Lanka poised to board the Bollywood bandwagon
- Box Office - 'Kong: Skull Island' rules with mighty $61 million debut
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India