Suspects arrested in France over Kardashian robbery
Published: 2017-01-09 13:56:02.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-09 13:56:02.0 BdST
Several people were arrested and some held for questioning by police in France on Monday in connection with the robbery of reality TV star Kim Kardashian in Paris last October, Europe 1 Radio and other French media reported.
French police said at the time that the 36 year-old was robbed at gunpoint of some $9.5 million worth of jewellery by masked men who tied her up in her Paris apartment early on Oct 3.
Reports by Europe 1 and RTL Radio said 15 people were arrested in all over the robbery, in part thanks to DNA traces left behind. RTL said the perpetrators, some disguised as police officers, had quit the scene on foot and on bicycles.
A Paris police source had told Reuters in October that five attackers, wearing ski masks and clothes with police markings, struck around 3 am inside the exclusive apartment block where Kardashian had been staying while attending Paris Fashion Week.
The Paris prosecutor could not be immediately reached for comment.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- The truth is still out there as 'X-Files' returns for new season
- Drake profits are sought in New York lawsuit
- 'Fate of the Furious' Debuts to Hefty $100.2 Million
- Environment, politics and 'The Godfather' on Tribeca film fest menu
- Hollywood's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner file for divorce
- Apu visits ‘ailing’ Shakib in hospital
- Actor Shakib Khan hospitalised amid bickering with wife, co-actor Apu Biswas
- Sanjay Dutt biopic 60 percent complete, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Actor Shakib Khan says co-star wife Apu Biswas ‘stepped into a trap’
- Well if he calls this a conspiracy, says Apu Biswas about Shakib wanting to hide their son
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece
- Lightning kills five in Bangladesh coastal districts
- Shakib announced captain for Bangladesh T20 team
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Signal No. 3 hoisted at ports due to bad weather, rain may continue
- ISPR dismisses Times of India report on Indian Army chief's Dhaka visit as 'baseless'
- Coal vessel capsizes on Kirtankhola river
- Man burns himself in attempted suicide during altercation with 'girlfriend'
- Death toll in Afghan base attack rises to 140, officials say