Janet Jackson, 50, announces birth of first child
Published: 2017-01-04 10:11:41.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-04 10:11:41.0 BdST
Pop star Janet Jackson gave birth on Tuesday to her first child, a boy, at the age of 50, her publicist said.
"Janet Jackson and husband Wissam Al Mana are thrilled to welcome their new son Eissa Al Mana into the world," the singer's representative said in a statement to People magazine.
"Janet had a stress-free healthy delivery and is resting comfortably," the statement said.
Jackson and Qatari businessman Al Mana married in 2012, and the singer in April postponed her "Unbreakable" world tour so they could focus on starting a family.
In October, she showed off her baby bump in an exclusive photo for People magazine.
Jackson, the fiercely private youngest child of the famed Jackson singing family, has not given any details of the pregnancy or where the baby was born.
She had two previous marriages: a year-long union with soul singer James DeBarge in the mid 1980s, and to dancer Rene Elizondo Jr from 1991-2000.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Disney stole 'Zootopia,' writer claims in US lawsuit
- Vast Beatles collection goes on auction in Paris
- Rock 'n' roll pioneer Chuck Berry dies at 90
- Polanski cannot dictate terms to end rape case: LA prosecutors
- Ben Affleck says he has completed treatment for alcohol addiction
- Paul McCartney should wait to get back Beatles songs, Sony/ATV says
- "Beauty and the Beast" release postponed in Malaysia, even after "gay moment" cut
- Ed Sheeran storms US Billboard charts with 'Divide'
- Sri Lanka poised to board the Bollywood bandwagon
- Box Office - 'Kong: Skull Island' rules with mighty $61 million debut
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India