Serena Williams gets engaged to Reddit co-founder Ohanian
Published: 2016-12-30 15:36:16.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-30 15:36:16.0 BdST
World number two tennis player Serena Williams has become engaged to Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of the social media company Reddit.
"Down on 1 knee. He said four words. And/r/isaidyes," the 35-year-old American said on the social media site on Thursday.
"I came home. A little late. Someone had a bag packed for me. And a carriage awaited. Destination: Rome ... back to where our stars first collided."
The New York-born Ohanian, 33, confirmed the news on his Facebook page, writing: "She said yes".
Williams is the best player of her generation. She has won 22 grand slam singles titles, the same as German Steffi Graf and trailing only Australian Margaret Court (24).
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Oscars so divided: Hollywood still struggles with race
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- YouTube, Disney ditch PewDiePie over anti-Semitic content
- Adele sweeps Grammy awards in shock victory over Beyonce
- Kinky 'Fifty Shades' stokes fantasy, not reality, says author
- Grammy Awards shape up as clash of pop titans Beyonce and Adele
- Pakistan bans Bollywood hit 'Raees' starring Pakistani actress Mahira Khan
- Box Office: 'Split' tops 'Rings,' as 'Space Between Us' bombs
- Stunt team pays Jackie Chan surprise visit during tribute
- Former MP Kader Khan 'confesses to planning and training’ to execute MP Liton’s murder
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- 360 degree video: Cobra charming in India
- Bangladesh’s duty-free quota-free access to US market extremely unlikely: Ambassador
- Bangladesh opens first solar-powered silo with climate-controlled facility
- Third World Bank car with Bangladesh customs amid duty dodging probe
- India arrests its citizen with Bangladesh passport; police suspect militant link
- Actress Kabori's memoirs launched at Ekushey Book Fair
- Bangladesh court sentences four people to 10 years in jail over child's death after falling into abandoned deep tube-well