Composer John Williams hasn’t seen a single ‘Star Wars’ movie
News Desk bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-12-26 18:19:10.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-26 18:19:10.0 BdST
John Williams, whose compositions helped ‘Star Wars’ become a cultural touchstone, has admitted he has never watched one of the movies all the way through.
“I let it go. I have not looked at the Star Wars films and that’s absolutely true,” said Williams in an interview with Mirror UK.
“When I’m finished with a film, I’ve been living with it, we’ve been dubbing it, recording to it, and so on. You walk out of the studio and, ‘Ah, it’s finished’.
Now I don’t have an impulse to go to the theatre and look at it.”
The Oscar-winning composer says he is simply too busy.
“I am already working on Spielberg’s new film and I don’t want to listen to music or see films... Writing music is very, very hard work and for orchestra particularly. So it’s a labour-intensive thing. I have to be in a room alone all the time because that’s the life that it is."
Perhaps more surprising, Williams does not consider his work on the movies to be very good.
“I don’t know. A lot of them are not very memorable and so on. It’s probably the most popular music that I’ve done.”
The ‘Star Wars’ soundtrack was chosen by the American Film Institute as the greatest American film score of all time in 2005, and has been preserved by the US Library of Congress for being “culturally, historically or aesthetically significant”.
But Williams, whose credits include ‘Jaws’, ‘Superman’, the ‘Indiana Jones’ series, ‘Jurassic Park’ and three ‘Harry Potter’ films, isn’t sure he has ever gotten it right.
“You hope that you’ve gotten 90 percent of it, or as close to it as you can,” he said.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Key nominations for the 2017 Oscars
- 'La La Land' leads Oscar nominations with 14 nods
- Man dies trying to catch a glimpse of SRK in Vadodara
- Dangal star Zaira spars with India minister over comparison with girl in hijab
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan acquitted in weapons case
- Art imitates life? Kim Kardashian films cameo for jewel heist movie
- Kawasaki dumps 'Apprentice' over Trump's continued involvement
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ premieres in Taipei
- Box Office: 'Hidden Figures' Dominates MLK Weekend
- Ringling Bros circus folding its tent after nearly 150 years
- Two Bangladeshis arrested in Malaysia for suspected link to Islamic State cell
- Tourists from Japan say Bangladesh is safe
- Trump signs order withdrawing US from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- Use of jute bags mandatory for 11 more products
- Bangladesh man arrested at 27th wife's home on 25th wife's complaint
- No risk in using bamboo, wood as extra support in rail bridges: Ministry
- Bail denied to cricketer Arafat Sunny in ICT case
- PM Hasina flays rights bodies over silence in MP Liton's murder
- Bangladesh sees no impact of Trump's bringing back Mexico City policy