Brad Pitt's request to seal divorce documents denied by judge
Published: 2016-12-08 10:25:46.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-08 10:25:46.0 BdST
Actor Brad Pitt's request to seal court documents in his high-profile custody and divorce proceedings involving actress Angelina Jolie was rejected by a Los Angeles judge on Wednesday.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Richard Burdge Jr rejected Pitt's motion at an emergency hearing, a court spokeswoman said. Pitt and Jolie did not attend.
While Burdge ruled against sealing the entire case, he said requests to seal specific documents would be considered, especially given that the six children at the centre of the custody case are all minors.
"The court recognises privacy rights of minor children and would be guided by what's in the minor children's best interest," Burdge said.
Jolie's representatives did not respond to phone and email messages from Reuters seeking comment, and Pitt's representatives said the actor would not comment on the matter.
Jolie, 41, and Pitt, 52, known collectively as "Brangelina," were together since 2005 and married for two years before their sudden split in September, which has been widely covered by news media.
Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt, citing irreconcilable differences, after an incident on a private plane in which Pitt was reported to have lost his temper in front of one or more of the children.
At the time, she said she made the decision "for the health of the family," and is seeking full physical custody of their children. The couple share adopted sons Maddox and Pax, adopted daughter Zahara and three biological children, Shiloh Nouvel and twins Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline, aged between 8 and 15.
Pitt, 52, was cleared in the incident last month by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services. He has filed for joint custody of the children.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- The truth is still out there as 'X-Files' returns for new season
- Drake profits are sought in New York lawsuit
- 'Fate of the Furious' Debuts to Hefty $100.2 Million
- Environment, politics and 'The Godfather' on Tribeca film fest menu
- Hollywood's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner file for divorce
- Apu visits ‘ailing’ Shakib in hospital
- Actor Shakib Khan hospitalised amid bickering with wife, co-actor Apu Biswas
- Sanjay Dutt biopic 60 percent complete, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Actor Shakib Khan says co-star wife Apu Biswas ‘stepped into a trap’
- Well if he calls this a conspiracy, says Apu Biswas about Shakib wanting to hide their son
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece
- Lightning kills five in Bangladesh coastal districts
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Shakib announced captain for Bangladesh T20 team
- Signal No. 3 hoisted at ports due to bad weather, rain may continue
- Coal vessel capsizes on Kirtankhola river
- ISPR dismisses Times of India report on Indian Army chief's Dhaka visit as 'baseless'
- Man burns himself in attempted suicide during altercation with 'girlfriend'
- Death toll in Afghan base attack rises to 140, officials say