Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died of 'drug overdose'
Published: 2014-02-03 01:49:20.0 BdST Updated: 2014-02-03 01:49:20.0 BdST
Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York City apartment on Sunday of an apparent drug overdose, according to a New York Police Department source.
The source said Hoffman was found dead after a 911 emergency call from a friend of the actor. The source gave no further details.
The New York Times, citing a law enforcement official, said investigators found a syringe in Hoffman's arm and an envelope containing what was believed to be heroin.
Hoffman, 46, won the Academy Award for Best Actor for the 2005 biographical film Capote, and received three Academy Award nominations as Best Supporting Actor.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- First female VC of BUET Khaleda Ekram passes away
- India ‘watching’ Chinese defence minister's Dhaka visit closely
- May 22’s HSC, equivalent tests pushed back again to Jun 12 due to UP polls
- Bangladesh child aged 4 appears ancient with swollen face, sagging skin
- Dhaka court jail a den of harassment for women inmates for lack of separate cell
- Supreme Court rejects State’s appeal on CrPC Sections 54, 167
- Twin girls found in Bangladesh swamp
- Former Bangladesh Bank governor Farashuddin suggests solution to end VAT stalemate
- Why no damages for detention even after acquittal, asks High Court