Ananta, Barsha ‘sign’ divorce papers
Published: 2013-03-26 11:02:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-26 11:57:37.0 BdST
Actor M A Jalil Ananta has unveiled to the media that he and actress wife Afia Nusrat Barsha have started their divorce procedure.
The celebrity couple has already signed in their divorce papers, Ananta told a press conference in Monsoon Rain film’s Kakrail office on Tuesday morning.
Earlier, on Mar 22 Barsha filed a general diary against Ananta Jalil with the Mohammadpur Police Station accusing him of physically abusing her.
Ananta and Barsha, came to be known after the premiere of their debut movie ‘Khoj:The Search’ in 2010.
The couple married the year after on Sep 23. They gained fame with their joint appearances in high budget films produced by Ananta like 'Hridoy Bhanga Dheu', ‘Speed’, ‘Most Welcome’ and upcoming film ‘Nisshartho Bhalobasha’.
The duo’s last appearance together as hero and heroine was in the yet to be released sequel ‘Most Welcome-2’.
Ananta said, Barsha’s ‘connection’ with others have led to their divorce.
“Some newspapers have released reports about Barsha wanting to act in other films, although she did not discuss that with me before. We had made a promise to each other, that we will always work together.”
Ananta said that he never considered working with other actresses in Bollywood because of Barsha.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' plans 2018 Broadway debut
- Rapper Kanye West released from hospital: Media reports
- Martin Scorsese meets pope as film on Jesuits screens in Rome
- Prince to be celebrated at Paisley Park one year after death
- 'Moana' Tops Thanksgiving Box Office, 'Rules Don't Apply' Bombs, 'Allied' and 'Bad Santa 2' Stumble
- Hospitalised rapper Kanye West said to be in spiritual crisis
- 'Exhausted' Kanye West hospitalised, cancels tour after bizarre rants
- Drake, Justin Bieber rule American Music Awards
- Factbox - Key winners at the 2016 American Music Awards
- Kanye West booed as he declares support for Donald Trump
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi says international attention fuelling Buddhist-Muslim divisions
- Hasina turns down proposal to buy aircraft for president, prime minister
- Physicist, cosmologist Stephen Hawking taken to Rome hospital for checks
- Fulbarhia Awami League MP Moslem is 'war criminal', Kader Siddique alleges
- Modi-Mamata spat may delay solution to Teesta water deal
- Journalists demonstrate in Bangladesh against MP Dabirul’s lawsuit over bdnews24.com report
- No place for Myanmar terrorists in Bangladesh, says PM Hasina
- Violence against Rohingyas 'ethnic cleansing': Malaysia
- More than 80 boats carrying Rohingyas pushed back: BGB
- Bangladesh's National Committee for Intelligence Coordination (NCIC) has ambiguities, says book