Ananta, Barsha ‘sign’ divorce papers
Published: 2013-03-26 11:02:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-26 11:57:37.0 BdST
Actor M A Jalil Ananta has unveiled to the media that he and actress wife Afia Nusrat Barsha have started their divorce procedure.
The celebrity couple has already signed in their divorce papers, Ananta told a press conference in Monsoon Rain film’s Kakrail office on Tuesday morning.
Earlier, on Mar 22 Barsha filed a general diary against Ananta Jalil with the Mohammadpur Police Station accusing him of physically abusing her.
Ananta and Barsha, came to be known after the premiere of their debut movie ‘Khoj:The Search’ in 2010.
The couple married the year after on Sep 23. They gained fame with their joint appearances in high budget films produced by Ananta like 'Hridoy Bhanga Dheu', ‘Speed’, ‘Most Welcome’ and upcoming film ‘Nisshartho Bhalobasha’.
The duo’s last appearance together as hero and heroine was in the yet to be released sequel ‘Most Welcome-2’.
Ananta said, Barsha’s ‘connection’ with others have led to their divorce.
“Some newspapers have released reports about Barsha wanting to act in other films, although she did not discuss that with me before. We had made a promise to each other, that we will always work together.”
Ananta said that he never considered working with other actresses in Bollywood because of Barsha.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Drake returns to Billboard No.1 for 13th time with 'Views'
- Shoojit Sircar on what Bollywood is doing wrong
- Cowboys, heat and rain: 'Magnificent Seven' talk challenging shoot
- Box office: 'Magnificent Seven' hits bullseye with $35 million debut
- Naomi Campbell leads bold Versace runway in Milan
- Daniel Radcliffe not interested in revisiting Harry Potter role
- Korean film festival begins in Dhaka Oct 1
- Bollywood should make more socially conscious films, says actor Om Puri
- French actress Cotillard denies role in Jolie, Pitt split
- After split, London's Madame Tussauds separates Jolie, Pitt wax figures
- Uttara, Ramna to lead way in smart national ID card upgrade
- Bangladesh citizen gunned down in Los Angeles
- Patuakhali fourth grader receives PM’s letter with pledge to bridge Payra River
- BNP leader, former minister Hannan Shah dies at 74
- Stop dreaming about Kashmir: India tells Pakistan
- Charred body of a Bangladesh national found in Malaysia
- Sabbir slapped with fine, demerit points for breaching Code of Conduct
- Pakistan politicians invited to Awami League National Council next month
- Six suspected JMB activists arrested in India's West Bengal, Assam
- Customs intelligence seizes three duty-dodged luxury cars in Sylhet