Ananta, Barsha ‘sign’ divorce papers
Published: 2013-03-26 11:02:53.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-26 11:57:37.0 BdST
Actor M A Jalil Ananta has unveiled to the media that he and actress wife Afia Nusrat Barsha have started their divorce procedure.
The celebrity couple has already signed in their divorce papers, Ananta told a press conference in Monsoon Rain film’s Kakrail office on Tuesday morning.
Earlier, on Mar 22 Barsha filed a general diary against Ananta Jalil with the Mohammadpur Police Station accusing him of physically abusing her.
Ananta and Barsha, came to be known after the premiere of their debut movie ‘Khoj:The Search’ in 2010.
The couple married the year after on Sep 23. They gained fame with their joint appearances in high budget films produced by Ananta like 'Hridoy Bhanga Dheu', ‘Speed’, ‘Most Welcome’ and upcoming film ‘Nisshartho Bhalobasha’.
The duo’s last appearance together as hero and heroine was in the yet to be released sequel ‘Most Welcome-2’.
Ananta said, Barsha’s ‘connection’ with others have led to their divorce.
“Some newspapers have released reports about Barsha wanting to act in other films, although she did not discuss that with me before. We had made a promise to each other, that we will always work together.”
Ananta said that he never considered working with other actresses in Bollywood because of Barsha.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Oscars so divided: Hollywood still struggles with race
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- YouTube, Disney ditch PewDiePie over anti-Semitic content
- Adele sweeps Grammy awards in shock victory over Beyonce
- Kinky 'Fifty Shades' stokes fantasy, not reality, says author
- Grammy Awards shape up as clash of pop titans Beyonce and Adele
- Pakistan bans Bollywood hit 'Raees' starring Pakistani actress Mahira Khan
- Box Office: 'Split' tops 'Rings,' as 'Space Between Us' bombs
- Stunt team pays Jackie Chan surprise visit during tribute
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Bangladesh opens first solar-powered silo with climate-controlled facility
- SP’s transfer as punishment a great intellectual fraud: Ex-NHRC chief
- 360 degree video: Cobra charming in India
- Nokia goes back to the future with 49 euro 3310 mobile phone
- Please drop it, says Obaidul Quader on media reports over assaulting MP
- Third World Bank car with Bangladesh customs amid duty dodging probe
- Bangladesh government accused of patronising killings of secular bloggers
- Former MP Kader Khan 'confesses to planning and training’ to execute MP Liton’s murder