848 colleges achieve 100 percent success rate
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-08-18 16:09:01.0 BdST Updated: 2016-08-18 16:20:45.0 BdST
The number of institutions with 100 percent success rate in this year’s Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and equivalent exams has dropped by 285.
As many as 848 institutions have achieved the 100 percent success rate against last year’s 1,133.
On the other hand, number of schools without any success rate has dropped to 25 from last year's 35.
The results for the HSC and equivalent examinations were published on Thursday morning.
More than 1.21 million students of 8,345 educational institutions sat for this year's exams, that started on Apr 3 and ended on Jun 20, under eight general, one madrasa and one technical education boards.
Of them, 899,150 have passed the exams, with a national success rate of 74.79 percent.
A total of 58,276 students have achieved GPA-5.
100% pass (Institutions)
100% fail (Institutions)
Technical education board
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Japan to provide new grant for primary education in Bangladesh
- Education Minister Nahid hints at two tests a day in public exams
- No one will be spared over textbook gaffes, education minister says
- Top court stays verdict declaring VAT on English-medium school tuition illegal
- 93.06 percent students pass JSC, JDC exams in 2016
- Children from five indigenous groups to get pre-school textbooks in native language
- One killed in blast near Dhaka airport; police rule out 'suicide attack'
- Army para-commandos, SWAT launch assault on militant den in Sylhet's Shibbarhi
- 'Send in the SWAT!' - militant suspect tells police surrounding Sylhet building
- Army commandos end assault on militant hideout in Sylhet
- Islamic State 'claims responsibility for attack' at Dhaka airport roundabout
- Mashrafe urges Mustafizur to shine against Sri Lanka in Dambulla
- Army para-commandos, SWAT, police wait for final assault at Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Security forces mount raid on Sylhet building
- Donald Trump greets Abdul Hamid, Sheikh Hasina on Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- At least one killed, 20 injured in blast near militant den being raided by army commandos