Ex-secretary Arastoo Khan made chairman in big Islami Bank shake-up
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-05 23:53:57.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-06 00:17:04.0 BdST
The Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited (IBBL) has shaken up its top brass.
Former secretary Arastoo Khan has been made chairman of the most profitable private bank in Bangladesh.
Executive Committee Chairman Syed Ahsanul Alam Parvez has become a vice-chairman.
Senior Deputy Managing Director Mahbubul Alam is acting managing director of the bank now.
Khan was appointed chairman of Bangladesh Commerce Bank Limited on Jan 11 last year for three years.
The former Planning Commission member had been an additional secretary at the Economic Relations Division. He had also been at the finance ministry for a long time.
He also worked as director of several government and private banks, including IFIC Bank Limited, Karmasangstan Bank, and Agrani Bank.
Those demonstrating for war crimes trial have been vocal against some Jamaat-e-Islami leaders' involvement in the bank.
Jamaat leader Mir Quasem Ali, a founding vice-chairman of the bank, has been hanged for war crimes.
Bangladesh Bank has also been monitoring the Islami Bank. An observer was appointed to the bank in 2010.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- New Zealand and Sri Lanka to consider free trade agreement
- UK house price growth slows for first time since July: RICS
- First freight train from China to Britain arrives in London
- Bipu, Muhith take contradictory stand on fuel price cut
- Govt reverses decision to reduce fuel pricesl
- Bangladesh ahead of India, Pakistan in inclusive development: WEF report
- Bangladesh economy will grow at 8 percent in next two years, says finance minister
- CID again fail to press charges in court over BB reserves heist
- Bangladesh to publish NY Fed heist probe finds after retrieving money from Philippines
- World's eight richest as wealthy as half humanity, Oxfam tells Davos
- Uber raises fare price two months after Dhaka launch
- Dhaka city cleaning trucks gather dust in repair yard
- Private Toyota car found abandoned at Sherpur market
- Bangladesh home minister's son demands hanging of 'atheist' on Facebook
- Former Egypt ambassador in Dhaka to take back his seized car
- Two missing Gaibandha Awami League leaders 'remember nothing' on return
- RAB ‘framed, beat’ Germany-based Bangladeshi expat
- Southee takes five as Bangladesh dismissed for 289
- 'The work begins!': Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US president
- Trump, sworn in as US president, vows to put 'America First' in defiant speech