Indian gasoil for Bangladesh as ‘goodwill gesture’
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-03-17 15:29:36.0 BdST Updated: 2016-03-17 18:46:10.0 BdST
The train carrying the first consignment of Indian gasoil to Bangladesh as a “goodwill gesture” has been flagged off.
India’s Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister (Independent Charge) Dharmendra Pradhan flagged off the train carrying 2200 tonnes of gasoil from Siligurhi on Thursday, the Indian High Commission says.
Bangladesh’s State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid and Indian High Commissioner Harsh Vardhan Shringla will receive the consignment at Parbatipur in Bangladesh on Mar 19.
This is “very significant” for growing energy cooperation between India and Bangladesh, the High Commission said.
The cooperation has been outlined in the Joint Declaration “Notun Projonmo, Nayi Disha’ adopted during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Bangladesh in June last year.
Earlier in April last year India’s Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) and Bangladesh’s BPC signed a MoU for implementation of the 130-kilometre Indo-Bangla Friendship Pipeline (IBFPL) project.
A joint venture company having “equity” participation of both NRL and BPC will lay this pipeline from NRL's Siligurhi marketing terminal in West Bengal to BPC's Parbatipur petroleum product storage depot in Dinajpur.
The consignment is coming at ‘a goodwill price’ as proposed by BPC, the High Commission said.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Chinese investors find their cash is losing its cachet
- Foundation stone for Padma Rail bridge in April, says railways minister
- Two World Bank cars with Bangladesh customs following probe on duty dodging allegations
- CPD appoints Fahmida Khatun as new executive director
- ‘Democracy essential for economic development’
- Foreign portfolio investments in Bangladesh capital market skyrocketed 26 times in six months
- Bangladesh seeks US support to accelerate economic growth
- Bangladesh's Balance of Payment deficit increases
- Global Economy Weekahead: Soon time to watch for rising global inflation?
- Ex-BB governor Farashuddin slates 'high' mobile banking charges
- British Muslim schoolteacher of Bangladeshi origin denied entry to US
- PM calls for way to stop youths from speaking Bangla in English style
- Myanmar probing police 'cover-up' of deaths of two Rohingya Muslims
- BNP Chief Khaleda slammed for standing on the main platform at Central Shaheed Minar
- Italian, Swiss speak of their love for the language in Dhaka
- BSF claims its non-lethal strategy drawing more attacks along borders
- Bus driver gets life in prison in case over deaths of Tareque Masud, Mishuk Munier
- Former Jatiya Party MP Kader masterminded Gaibandha MP Liton's killing: Police
- Ex-Jatiya Party MP Kader Khan arrested over MP Liton murder
- Narsingdi man detained over murder of his three minor siblings