Budget proposes pension fund, authority to manage it
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2015-06-04 19:24:41.0 BdST Updated: 2015-06-04 19:24:41.0 BdST
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has announced to set up a pension fund and an authority to manage it in his budget proposals for FY 2015-16.
“At present, more than 500,000 retired government employees are enjoying pension benefits,” he said in his budget speech.
There’s no designated fund or authorities to manage these activities, Muhith said, “which may create imbalance in public expenditure management in future”.
He said the government decided to establish a Pension Fund Management Authority to oversee government employees’ pension.
“Initially, we will allocate a certain amount of fund for the authority.”
Apart making pension payments, the fund will invest in different portfolios to implement welfare programmes for pensioners, said Muhith.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Tripura to have three railway links with Bangladesh, says Indian minister
- US may accuse North Korea of theft of Bangladesh reserves at New York Fed: Wall Street Journal
- NSA official points the finger at North Korea in Bangladesh Bank heist
- New draft law proposes official clearance mandatory for building houses in villages
- World economy picks up after decade of stagnation
- Rooppur N-power plant: Bangladesh, Russia agree on spent fuel management plan
- Planning ministry detects misuse of fund in Chittagong court building construction
- Inflation rose again in February
- Foreign Direct Investment goes up by 7.8% in first seven months of 2016-17
- Islami Bank is not operating in Islamic way: Ibrahim Khaled
- Bangladesh Bank building catches fire
- Bangladesh formally joins 'India's South Asia Satellite' initiative
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- Bangladesh take Miraz in squad for Sri Lanka ODIs
- UK envoy attack: Death row convict Ripon to seek presidential clemency
- Murdered man found in ‘rented’ Chittagong flat
- Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first: Mamata
- British police make seven arrests after London attack
- High Court verdict in Ershad's appeal against graft conviction stalled