Loan for physically challenged
Published: 2013-09-12 00:39:09.0 BdST Updated: 2013-09-12 00:46:44.0 BdST
The Bangladesh Bank is set to give soft loans to physically challenged entrepreneurs.
A circular from the central bank on Wednesday ordered other commercial banks to grant loans at 10 percent interest under the refunding project.
The order was issued after changes in the ‘Bangladesh Bank Fund’ policy for the small entrepreneurs.
The central bank introduced the fund in 2011. Although the policy back then spoke of granting loans to the physically challenged, it did not have specific guidelines.
Wednesday’s circular said each physically challenged entrepreneurs would get a minimum of Tk 10,000 and a maximum Tk 500,000 form the fund.
Bangladesh Bank’s SME and Special Programmes Department took the initiative to include the small investors, who are physically challenged, to the economy.
The fund currently has Tk 7.26 billion.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Prime Minister Hasina joins G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan
- MP Salim Osman again refuses to apologise to the teacher he abused
- Bob Dylan turns 75, with latest tour and album in the wind
- Police charge BNP’s Aslam with sedition over ‘plot with Israel to overthrow Bangladesh govt’
- New budget keeps present government’s last year in mind: Muhith
- Food crisis in Bandarban's Thanchhi due to heavy rainfall, locals fear worse
- Youth hacks schoolgirl to death, injures her 3 classmates in Chapainawabganj
- PM Hasina accorded red carpet reception in Japan
- Jessore Juvenile Development Centre inmate Sonu claims he was trafficked from Delhi