Loan for physically challenged
Published: 2013-09-12 00:39:09.0 BdST Updated: 2013-09-12 00:46:44.0 BdST
The Bangladesh Bank is set to give soft loans to physically challenged entrepreneurs.
A circular from the central bank on Wednesday ordered other commercial banks to grant loans at 10 percent interest under the refunding project.
The order was issued after changes in the ‘Bangladesh Bank Fund’ policy for the small entrepreneurs.
The central bank introduced the fund in 2011. Although the policy back then spoke of granting loans to the physically challenged, it did not have specific guidelines.
Wednesday’s circular said each physically challenged entrepreneurs would get a minimum of Tk 10,000 and a maximum Tk 500,000 form the fund.
Bangladesh Bank’s SME and Special Programmes Department took the initiative to include the small investors, who are physically challenged, to the economy.
The fund currently has Tk 7.26 billion.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh government is fretting about bank scams
- Bangladesh Parliament passes Tk 3.4 trillion budget for 2016-17 fiscal
- State-owned Agrani Bank’s top official Syed Abdul Hamid removed
- Japan signs largest ever loan agreement with Bangladesh
- NBR says revenue collection exceeds target for 2015-16 fiscal year
- Japan to offer Bangladesh Tk 128 billion in loan for 6 projects
- Finance Bill passed with cut in tax at source for RMG exports
- Cut in tax at source for exports likely to be reduced
- ECNEC approves Tk 10.4 billion project for higher education
- Ratings agencies rip into UK's credit score after Brexit vote
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Bangladesh cafe attack
- Gunmen storm Dhaka cafe, ‘hostage situation’ develops
- Bangladesh commandos ‘ready’ to launch assault to free hostages
- Security forces launch assault on Gulshan restaurant, five hostages freed: Witnesses
- Locals at Gulshan hear shots fired
- Chronology of Gulshan café crisis
- Police officer killed as gunmen attack Bangladesh restaurant
- Shootings, blasts at Gulshan restaurant, at least four police officials injured
- Gunmen attacked Gulshan restaurant screaming Allahu Akbar, says witness
- White House says Obama briefed on hostage situation in Bangladesh