Mahmudullah retains place in ODI squad as Shuvagata, Sunzamul get calls
Sports Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-13 21:40:41.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-13 22:15:21.0 BdST
After a day filled with drama of being dropped from the Test team, Mahmudullah has been included in Bangladesh’s ODI squad against Sri Lanka.
Allrounder Shuvagata Hom Chowdhury and uncapped spinner Sunzamul Islam were also called up as the Bangladesh Cricket Board announced a 16-strong squad for the three-match series on Monday evening.
Although naming a squad of 14 or 15 players is customary, the board included 16 players for the Sri Lanka ODIs. It is being thought that the selectors took the decision after day-long controversy over dropping Mahmudullah for the matches.
Earlier in the day, team manager Khaled Mahmud had said Mahmudullah would ‘return home’ from Sri Lanka on Tuesday after his recent slump in form.
BCB chief Nazmul Hassan, however, later said that there was ‘no way’ that could happen and that he had no knowledge of such a decision.
Spinning allrounder Mehedi Hasan Miraz and Tanbir Hayder have been dropped from Bangladesh’s last ODI squad from the New Zealand tour.
After missing the first Test due to fitness issues, Imrul Kayes was included in the squad.
The ODI series begin on Mar 25 in Dambulla.
Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Imrul Kayes, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Sabbir Rahman, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek Hossain, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Subashis Roy Chowdhury, Sunzamul Islam, Shuvagata Hom Chowdhury, Nurul Hasan Sohan.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Pakistan bowler Irfan suspended for a year over spot-fixing
- South Africa take New Zealand series after being saved by rain
- NZ take charge after Proteas batting collapse
- Rahul, Rahane guide India to 2-1 series win against Australia
- Rain sinks Sri Lanka hopes after Mendis century, Taskin hat-trick in Dambulla
- Rahul, Rahane guide India to 2-1 series win
- Buoyant Bangladesh primed to secure first ODI series against Sri Lanka
- India close in on win after Jadeja's allround brilliance
- Shoaib and Shadab lead Pakistan to opening win over Windies
- Williamson thwarts Proteas with record-equalling ton
- Voting underway for Comilla City Corporation elections
- At least seven militants killed in terror den at Moulvibazar
- BNP candidate re-elected Comilla mayor
- Security forces launch operation on terror den in Moulvibazar
- Comilla vote: Sima satisfied, Shakku objects
- Hasina visits the house of her daughter's in-laws in Faridpur
- Another ‘anti-terror raid’ begins in Tongi
- Election Commission expects 80 percent voter turnout in Comilla polls
- Dhaka bets on Beijing, Bengal to solve Teesta, says Kolkata's Telegraph'
- Blasts, firing during 'final assault' on terror den outside Moulvibazar town