Mustafizur reaches top 10 in T20I bowlers ranking
Sports Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-09 19:40:15.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-09 19:40:15.0 BdST
Young Bangladesh seamer Mustafizur Rahman has moved into the top 10 bowlers ranking for the first time in Twenty20 Internationals.
The left-arm seamer leaped 10 places to 10th in the rankings for the shortest format after playing the first two of the three-match series against New Zealand.
Allrounder Shakib Al Hasan moved three places up to be on 11th behind 21-year-old Mustafizur on the list with no other Bangladesh bowler in its top 20.
Mustafizur,who won the ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year award last year, grabbed 1-21 in the first game at McLean Park and returned 0-30 at the Bay Oval.
“Rankings are an important indicator of consistency in performance and I am very happy and inspired to see myself in the top ten for the first time,” ICC quoted Mustafizur as saying in a reaction on their website.
The wily seamer suffered a five-month injury lay-off before returning to the team in the ODI series against New Zealand last month and is yet to return to best form.
South Africa legspinner Imran Tahir is at the summit of the ranking for T20I bowlers.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- De Villiers returns to lead South Africa one-day side
- Coach Hathurusingha sees progress in Bangladesh’s winless New Zealand tour
- Shakib Al Hasan achieves career-best spot in ICC Test rankings
- Tamim takes full responsibility for Bangladesh’s batting collapse in Christchurch
- New Zealand complete series sweep after Bangladesh collapse
- New Zealand need 109 runs to clinch Christchurch Test
- Fiery Warner helps Australia seal ODI series win over Pakistan
- Rain washes out third day of Christchurch Test
- Sri Lanka back Mathews as captain until 2019 World Cup
- Miller fireworks leads South Africa to victory over Sri Lanka
- Two Bangladeshis arrested in Malaysia for suspected link to Islamic State cell
- Tourists from Japan say Bangladesh is safe
- Bangladesh man arrested at 27th wife's home on 25th wife's complaint
- Use of jute bags mandatory for 11 more products
- Trump signs order withdrawing US from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Bail denied to cricketer Arafat Sunny in ICT case
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- PM Hasina flays rights bodies over silence in MP Liton's murder
- Bangladesh sees no impact of Trump's bringing back Mexico City policy
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas coming to Dhaka