Mustafizur reaches top 10 in T20I bowlers ranking
Sports Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-09 19:40:15.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-09 19:40:15.0 BdST
Young Bangladesh seamer Mustafizur Rahman has moved into the top 10 bowlers ranking for the first time in Twenty20 Internationals.
The left-arm seamer leaped 10 places to 10th in the rankings for the shortest format after playing the first two of the three-match series against New Zealand.
Allrounder Shakib Al Hasan moved three places up to be on 11th behind 21-year-old Mustafizur on the list with no other Bangladesh bowler in its top 20.
Mustafizur,who won the ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year award last year, grabbed 1-21 in the first game at McLean Park and returned 0-30 at the Bay Oval.
“Rankings are an important indicator of consistency in performance and I am very happy and inspired to see myself in the top ten for the first time,” ICC quoted Mustafizur as saying in a reaction on their website.
The wily seamer suffered a five-month injury lay-off before returning to the team in the ODI series against New Zealand last month and is yet to return to best form.
South Africa legspinner Imran Tahir is at the summit of the ranking for T20I bowlers.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Smith replaces Dhoni as Pune skipper, Starc pulls out of IPL
- Gunaratne inspires Sri Lanka to series victory over Australia
- Calm De Villiers leads South Africa to win over New Zealand
- Mustafizur ready for all formats, says BCB director Khaled Mahmud
- Imrul Kayes desperate to return for Bangladesh’s tour of Sri Lanka
- Australia's Wade confident back will withstand India Test
- Root determined to do things his way as England captain
- Miraz gets spin tips from India’s Ashwin for ‘long, successful’ career
- Australia's Voges ends Test career with second best batting average
- Smith foresees golden future if Australia win in India
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- Man dies in ‘gunfight’ with RAB in Rajshahi
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday