Sakku, who beat his contender Sima by 11,085 votes in Comilla’s mayoral race on Thursday, has a history of defeating her father Afzal Khan in the 2012 election
The party accuses ruling AL of influencing mayor election
The EC has achieved full public confidence, KM Nurul Huda says
City Corporation polls close in Comilla with the turnout largely unaffected by the counter-terrorism raid
Election Commission estimates 40 percent voters exercised their franchises in the first four hours
Polling centre closed after clashes, efforts to stuff ballots
Awami League, BNP candidates disagree over fairness of Comilla City Corporation polls
Voting starts amid police cordoning off a 'terror den' on the outskirts of the city
Signs are there that it will be tight contest between two main party candidates
Schedule for the Comilla City Corporation polls and by-election for the Sunamganj parliamentary seat fallen vacant after death of Awami League leader Suranjit Sengupta ha...
The Election Commission has been treating the Awami League harshly ahead of the Comilla City polls, claims HT Imam, the party's advisory council member.
BNP has softened its stance for Chief Election Commissioner KM Nurul Huda whom they previously called “subservient to the ruling Awami League.”
Chief Election Commissioner KM Nurul Huda has urged election officials to enforce the law unsparingly.
The Awami League has nominated Anjum Sultana Sima for the upcoming Comilla City Corporation polls and Joya Sengupta for the Sunamganj-2 parliamentary by-election.
The BNP has nominated Monirul Haque Sakku as its candidate for Comilla City Corporation election to be held on Mar 30.
- Social taboo, shyness keep Bangladesh’s adolescents away from health corners: Population Council
- Trump plan to slash business taxes to test Congress on deficit
- PM tells RAB that people must not be the victim of tortures
- Trump proposes 15 percent business tax rate: White House summary
- Former British PM David Cameron arrives in Dhaka
- IS developing new weapons despite losses: arms monitor
- Nearly half of Russians want PM Medvedev to quit, says poll
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- RAB arrests BUET student, suspected JMB ‘bomb expert’
- SSC results date announced
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia