Van hits, kills JU Chhatra Dal leader after he falls from bus in Savar
Savar and Jahangirnagar University Correspondents, bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-08-26 20:58:17.0 BdST Updated: 2016-08-26 20:58:17.0 BdST
A covered van has hit and killed a Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) leader of Jahangirnagar University after he fell from a bus in Savar, police say.
The incident occurred on Dhaka-Aricha Highway at Savar Dairy Farm locality on Friday afternoon.
Shahidul Islam Tushar, a vice-president of the JCD Jahangirnagar University unit, was a student of statistics department. He was from Bhola's Charfashion Upazila.
Mohsinul Qadir, OC of Ashulia Police Station, said Tushar was travelling from the university's Bishmile Gate to Savar on a BRTC bus.
JCD Jahanginagar University unit General Secretary Andur Rahim Saikat said Tushar was at the gate of the bus and fell when another bus hit it in front of the National Youth Centre.
A covered van hit him when he fell.
Saikat said Tushar was taken to Enam Medical College Hospital, but declared brought dead.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- India invites applications for new courses
- RUET teachers start strike to protest student demonstrations
- Old friends from DU English Department return to campus
- Dhaka University English Department alumni reunion on Friday
- Pro-AL Blue Panel nominates alleged war criminal's brother Rafiqul for DU dean election
- DU pro-AL teachers object to reappointment of alleged war criminal's brother as dean
- Student found dead in Dhaka University residential hall
- Dhaka University teacher loses job for sexually harassing student
- SUST reopens after students block the VC’s office for 21 hours
- Poll materials taken to centres in Narayanganj City
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Rain sinks Sri Lanka hopes after Mendis century, Taskin hat-trick in Dambulla
- Bombs turned Atia Mahal into a death trap, says army after Operation Twilight
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Security forces raiding two militant hideouts in Moulvibazar
- No cause for satisfaction over 'successes in a few anti-terror raids', says BNP chief Khaleda
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Messi banned for four international matches