China offers concessions to avert trade war with US: FT
Published: 2017-04-10 12:11:29.0 BdST Updated: 2017-04-10 12:11:29.0 BdST
China will offer the Trump administration better market access for financial sector investments and US beef exports to help avert a trade war, the Financial Times reported on Sunday, citing officials familiar with the matter.
China is prepared to raise the investment ceiling in the Bilateral Investment treaty and is also willing to end the ban on US beef imports, the newspaper also reported.
"China was prepared to (raise the investment ceilings) in the BIT but those negotiations were put on hold (after Trump's election victory)," the Financial Times also reported citing a Chinese official involved in the talks.
US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said on Friday that President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping have agreed to a new 100-day plan for trade talks on Friday.
The US trade department was not immediately available for comment while the China's ministry of commerce could not be reached for comment.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Tofail says foreign buyers single out Bangladesh’s labour safety issues
- Bangladesh seeks Canadian support in its journey towards a middle-income country
- Textile imports: New resolution pushing for EU rules to curb worker exploitation
- Mobile operators asked to publicly clarify internet data price in two days
- BIDA signs MoU for $2 billion Chinese investment in construction sector
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- IT firms call for higher limits on dollar purchases
- Four years into Rana Plaza tragedy, Netherlands finds Bangladesh RMG sector ‘safer’
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir 'will return' his father's 1971 award to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Islamist groups plan new alliances for next election
- Housewife bites off alleged rapist's tongue in Feni
- 'Operation Eagle Hunt' on: Final appeal to militants to surrender
- Cameron ‘proud’ of Bangladesh, says ‘sorry’ for not visiting as prime minister
- Five-year-old Sumaiya speaks about her 'abduction'
- Hillary Clinton’s aides threatened me with tax audit: Sajeeb Wazed Joy
- United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane
- Chapainawabganj terror den: 3 bodies 'too mangled' for identification
- Oxford Union invites President Hamid but gets no response