ACC grills NRB Commercial Bank chairman
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-14 18:45:46.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-14 18:45:46.0 BdST
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has interrogated the chairman of NRB Commercial Bank in connection to two graft allegations.
Farasath Ali is accused of multiple corrupt practices in the bank, according to ACC.
“He has allegedly forged signatures of the board members to grant massive loans,” said ACC Deputy Director (Public Relations) Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya.
ACC Deputy Director Jahangir Alam questioned him at the ACC headquarters for an hour on Tuesday afternoon, said the official.
“Farasath did not invest in the bank, rather has embezzled funds of shareholders for himself and his family,” he told bdnews24.com.
Last year in September, the High Court ordered Bangladesh Bank to probe graft allegations against the chairman, vice-chairman and managing director of the NRB Commercial Bank.
The officials are accused of irregularities related to loans.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh seeks Canadian support in its journey towards a middle-income country
- Textile imports: New resolution pushing for EU rules to curb worker exploitation
- Mobile operators asked to publicly clarify internet data price in two days
- BIDA signs MoU for $2 billion Chinese investment in construction sector
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- IT firms call for higher limits on dollar purchases
- Four years into Rana Plaza tragedy, Netherlands finds Bangladesh RMG sector ‘safer’
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Rangs chief Rouf, HRC Chairman Sayeed cleared of 1996 share fraud
- Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir 'will return' his father's 1971 award to Bangladesh
- 'Operation Eagle Hunt' on: Final appeal to militants to surrender
- Cameron ‘proud’ of Bangladesh, says ‘sorry’ for not visiting as prime minister
- Housewife bites off alleged rapist's tongue in Feni
- Bangladesh Islamist groups plan new alliances for next election
- Hillary Clinton’s aides threatened me with tax audit: Sajeeb Wazed Joy
- Five-year-old Sumaiya speaks about her 'abduction'
- Commerce Minister Tofail hints at 'conspiracy' behind Dollar gaining against Taka
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane