More Islami funds into market eyed
Published: 2013-02-07 19:07:31.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-07 19:08:53.0 BdST
Efforts were underway to boost investment of the Islamic banks in order to stabilise the stock market, FBCCI President Kazi Akram Uddin Ahamed said on Thursday.
“They (Islamic banks) have also assured us of increasing their investment in the capital market,” Akram, also the chief of the stock market coordination committee, told bdnews24.com after a committee meeting held at the DSE headquarters.
“We are trying. Trading on the market has also started to increase. We hope the market will be in a good state in a few days,” he said.
A DSE statement issued read the meeting discussed formation of Islami Sharia Index with recommendation from Sharia Board of Islamic Banks to make the Islamic banks interested about more investment.
It also said DSE would form a committee for introducing the new index.
The FBCCI chief said the newly elected officer bearers saw the Prime Minister earlier at noon.
“We congratulate the government on initiating efforts for bridging the Padma taking funds from the capital market and with its own resources after the World Bank and other co-financers did not give assistance in this regard,” Akram said in a written statement about the meeting with the Prime Minister.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Palak assures of government help to creative IT ideas
- Prime Mover-Trailer strike adversely affects freight movement in Bangladesh port city
- PRAN UP becomes beverage brand of Bangladesh Cricket Board
- Twitter moving closer to sale; possible suitors Google, Salesforce: CNBC
- Hsina calls for investment in EPZs from expatriate Bangladeshis
- Taking care of workers health ‘corporate responsibility’, Dutch envoy tells Bangladesh RMG industry
- Ministers say govt can't do anything to compensate those cheated by MLM company
- Turnover at Dhaka stocks hits eight-month high
- BTRC halts auction for mobile number portability licence
- 140 tonne chillies halted at Benapole for two days, traders fear rotting
- Sloppy Bangladesh sneak 7-run last-over win over brave Afghanistan
- Bangladesh baby, who came to life six hours after 'being dead', dies at Dhaka hospital
- Shakib ascends to top wickettaker throne for Bangladesh in all formats
- Uttara, Ramna to lead way in smart national ID card upgrade
- Patuakhali fourth grader to receive PM’s letter Monday with pledge to bridge Payra River
- Patuakhali fourth grader receives PM’s letter with pledge to bridge Payra River
- Tamim scores 9000 international runs as first Bangladesh batsman
- Gold bars found in waste basket at Dhaka airport
- Bangladesh-origin man arrested in New York sex racket
- Six suspected JMB activists arrested in India's West Bengal, Assam