More Islami funds into market eyed
Published: 2013-02-07 19:07:31.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-07 19:08:53.0 BdST
Efforts were underway to boost investment of the Islamic banks in order to stabilise the stock market, FBCCI President Kazi Akram Uddin Ahamed said on Thursday.
“They (Islamic banks) have also assured us of increasing their investment in the capital market,” Akram, also the chief of the stock market coordination committee, told bdnews24.com after a committee meeting held at the DSE headquarters.
“We are trying. Trading on the market has also started to increase. We hope the market will be in a good state in a few days,” he said.
A DSE statement issued read the meeting discussed formation of Islami Sharia Index with recommendation from Sharia Board of Islamic Banks to make the Islamic banks interested about more investment.
It also said DSE would form a committee for introducing the new index.
The FBCCI chief said the newly elected officer bearers saw the Prime Minister earlier at noon.
“We congratulate the government on initiating efforts for bridging the Padma taking funds from the capital market and with its own resources after the World Bank and other co-financers did not give assistance in this regard,” Akram said in a written statement about the meeting with the Prime Minister.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Sugar prices soar in Bangladesh as glitches in mills dry up supplies
- Bangladesh, India merge South Asia’s biggest land port, ease movement
- ACC arrests ICB Islami Bank general manager over embezzlement of Tk 18.5 million
- Brands won't quit Bangladesh after attacks: Safety group Accord
- Gulshan eateries bear brunt of Holey Artisan terror attack
- Grameenphone profit, revenue, subscription soar in first half of fiscal
- Taiwan says foreign suspects arrested over $2 million ATM cyber robbery
- Hazaribagh tanneries’ penalty commuted as SC orders to pay Tk 10,000 a day for pollution
- Telenor Youth Forum focuses on peace this year, opens for entries in Bangladesh
- Terra Motors, Rahimafrooz venture will give confidence to Japanese investors in Bangladesh: Executives
- India arrests suspected Islamic State recruiter allegedly linked to Zakir Naik: Report
- Woman detained over Dhaka terror attack went to Dubai, has mental issues: Family
- 'Many killed' in Munich shopping mall 'shooting rampage'
- 10 killed in Munich shopping mall attack, police say likely sole shooter killed himself
- Indian military transport plane missing in Bay of Bengal
- BNP chief Khaleda’s son Tarique ineligible to run for election after conviction
- German-Iranian gunman kills at least nine in Munich shopping mall
- A divided Republican party: Donald Trump or daughter Ivanka for president?
- Mustafizur stars on county debut as Sussex prevail over Essex in NatWest T20 Blast
- No wicket for Mustafizur as Sussex suffer defeat against Surrey in NatWest T20 Blast