More Islami funds into market eyed
Published: 2013-02-07 19:07:31.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-07 19:08:53.0 BdST
Efforts were underway to boost investment of the Islamic banks in order to stabilise the stock market, FBCCI President Kazi Akram Uddin Ahamed said on Thursday.
“They (Islamic banks) have also assured us of increasing their investment in the capital market,” Akram, also the chief of the stock market coordination committee, told bdnews24.com after a committee meeting held at the DSE headquarters.
“We are trying. Trading on the market has also started to increase. We hope the market will be in a good state in a few days,” he said.
A DSE statement issued read the meeting discussed formation of Islami Sharia Index with recommendation from Sharia Board of Islamic Banks to make the Islamic banks interested about more investment.
It also said DSE would form a committee for introducing the new index.
The FBCCI chief said the newly elected officer bearers saw the Prime Minister earlier at noon.
“We congratulate the government on initiating efforts for bridging the Padma taking funds from the capital market and with its own resources after the World Bank and other co-financers did not give assistance in this regard,” Akram said in a written statement about the meeting with the Prime Minister.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh’s duty-free quota-free access to US market extremely unlikely: Ambassador
- PM Hasina stresses product diversification, exploring new markets for apparel exports
- Power prices to follow hike in gas prices, says minister
- Bharti Airtel to buy Telenor's India unit as rival Jio spurs consolidation
- India signs MoU for sustainable development of Sylhet city
- NGOs, unregistered trade unions barred in RMG industry: State minister
- Gas prices bubble up: Bangladesh households hit with over 50% monthly rise for stoves
- Big fashion brands pull out of Bangladesh garment summit over worker rights concerns
- Horticulture, food processing have high scope for Indo-Bangla cross-border cooperation: Envoy
- Bangladesh gets connected to second submarine cable
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Bangladesh opens first solar-powered silo with climate-controlled facility
- SP’s transfer as punishment a great intellectual fraud: Ex-NHRC chief
- 360 degree video: Cobra charming in India
- Nokia goes back to the future with 49 euro 3310 mobile phone
- Please drop it, says Obaidul Quader on media reports over assaulting MP
- Third World Bank car with Bangladesh customs amid duty dodging probe
- Bangladesh government accused of patronising killings of secular bloggers
- Former MP Kader Khan 'confesses to planning and training’ to execute MP Liton’s murder