DSE ends week in green
Published: 2013-01-31 09:47:25.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-31 09:47:25.0 BdST
They key index at Dhaka Stock Exchange gained over 9 points to stand at above 4,136 points on close of trade on Thursday marred by a nationwide strike called by the Jamaat-e-Islami.
Shares and mutual funds worth over Tk 2.98 billion changed hands with 165 issues gaining, 72 declining and 30 remaining unchanged.
On Wedesday, the premier bourse shed over 27 points amidst Tk 2.87 billion turnover.
On Tuesday, the key index DSEX gained over 64 points amidst more than Tk 3.41-billion turnover. Trade surpassed Tk 3-billion mark for the first time this year.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith said the new index was instilling confidence among the investors.
On Monday, the new index was launched. Trade was 0.85 percent higher amidst over Tk 2.31-billion turnover.
Last week, the then key index of the premier bourse – DGEN - gained 0.63 points with daily average turnover of about Tk 1.47 billion.
The week before, the benchmark index had registered a 34-point gain with an average daily transaction of Tk 1.27 billion.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Verizon to announce $5 billion deal to buy Yahoo on Monday: source
- Sugar prices soar in Bangladesh as glitches in mills dry up supplies
- Bangladesh, India merge South Asia’s biggest land port, ease movement
- ACC arrests ICB Islami Bank general manager over embezzlement of Tk 18.5 million
- Brands won't quit Bangladesh after attacks: Safety group Accord
- Gulshan eateries bear brunt of Holey Artisan terror attack
- Grameenphone profit, revenue, subscription soar in first half of fiscal
- Taiwan says foreign suspects arrested over $2 million ATM cyber robbery
- Hazaribagh tanneries’ penalty commuted as SC orders to pay Tk 10,000 a day for pollution
- Telenor Youth Forum focuses on peace this year, opens for entries in Bangladesh