DSE ends week in green
Published: 2013-01-31 09:47:25.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-31 09:47:25.0 BdST
They key index at Dhaka Stock Exchange gained over 9 points to stand at above 4,136 points on close of trade on Thursday marred by a nationwide strike called by the Jamaat-e-Islami.
Shares and mutual funds worth over Tk 2.98 billion changed hands with 165 issues gaining, 72 declining and 30 remaining unchanged.
On Wedesday, the premier bourse shed over 27 points amidst Tk 2.87 billion turnover.
On Tuesday, the key index DSEX gained over 64 points amidst more than Tk 3.41-billion turnover. Trade surpassed Tk 3-billion mark for the first time this year.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith said the new index was instilling confidence among the investors.
On Monday, the new index was launched. Trade was 0.85 percent higher amidst over Tk 2.31-billion turnover.
Last week, the then key index of the premier bourse – DGEN - gained 0.63 points with daily average turnover of about Tk 1.47 billion.
The week before, the benchmark index had registered a 34-point gain with an average daily transaction of Tk 1.27 billion.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Scheduled banks to get 23 holidays in 2017, according to BB
- Fallen smartphone brand Nokia challenges Apple, Samsung again
- Bangladesh’s BASIS, universities to fight for APICTA Awards
- OPEC in first joint oil cut with Russia since 2001, Saudis take 'big hit'
- Philip Morris CEO looks towards phasing out cigarettes: BBC
- Bangladesh is best investment destination in South Asia, Hasina tells businesses in Hungary
- BTRC says it has no plan to block free calling apps in Bangladesh
- Banks to remain open until 8pm Tuesday, Wednesday for tax return submission
- PRAN Chinigura Nabanna Utsab kicks off Wednesday
- OPEC makes last-ditch bid to save oil deal as tensions grow
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi says international attention fuelling Buddhist-Muslim divisions
- Hasina turns down proposal to buy aircraft for president, prime minister
- Physicist, cosmologist Stephen Hawking taken to Rome hospital for checks
- Fulbarhia Awami League MP Moslem is 'war criminal', Kader Siddique alleges
- Modi-Mamata spat may delay solution to Teesta water deal
- Journalists demonstrate in Bangladesh against MP Dabirul’s lawsuit over bdnews24.com report
- No place for Myanmar terrorists in Bangladesh, says PM Hasina
- Violence against Rohingyas 'ethnic cleansing': Malaysia
- More than 80 boats carrying Rohingyas pushed back: BGB
- Bangladesh's National Committee for Intelligence Coordination (NCIC) has ambiguities, says book