Published: 2013-01-30 05:53:52.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-30 05:53:52.0 BdST
The key index at Dhaka Stock Exchange gained over 3 points to register more than 4,154 points after one hour of trade on Wednesday.
Shares and mutual funds worth over Tk 0.93 billion changed hands with 92 issues gaining, 101 declining and 28 remaining unchanged at 11:32am.
On Tuesday, DSEX gained over 64 points amidst more than Tk 3.41 billion turnover. Trade surpassed Tk 3 billion mark for first time this year.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith said the new index was improving confidence among investors.
On Monday, the new index was launched. Trade was 0.85 percent higher amidst over Tk 2.31 billion turnover.
On Sunday, DSE gained 3 points amidst Tk 2.11 billion turnover.
At close on Thursday, the DSE gained 13 points to register year-high trade amidst Tk 2.11 billion turnover.
Last week, the premier bourse gained 0.63 points amidst average of almost Tk 1.47 billion turnover.
The week before registered a 34 point gain amidst average transaction of Tk 1.27 billion.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Kraft walks away from 'friendly' bid for Unilever
- China wants ‘solid effort’ to address difficulties in doing business in Bangladesh
- First cargo ship from India arrives at Pangaon in Dhaka
- Kraft Heinz bids $143 billion for Unilever in global brand grab
- Striking meat traders to meet commerce minister, city corporation officials Sunday
- Samsung chief Lee arrested in corruption investigation
- High commissioner says Bangladesh now India's biggest trade partner in South Asia
- Newspapers aim to ride 'Trump Bump' to reach readers, advertisers
- 'Little hope' for textile industry revival in 'struggling' Nigeria
- Hong Kong police struggle to stop brokerage hacking spree
- Airport killing seen on CCTV, probe strains Malaysia-North Korea ties
- Two World Bank cars with Bangladesh customs following probe on duty dodging allegations
- Blogger Rajib murder: Absconding death row convict Rana arrested in Dhaka
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Jagannath University suspends teacher for 'sexually harassing' student
- Ekushey Padak for 17 this year
- Assailants of Gaibandha MP Liton identified, IGP says
- Bangladesh information minister says impact of Indian TV channels on family life will be researched
- Bangladesh paying tribute to Language Movement martyrs
- Norwegian foreign minister arrives in Dhaka to pay homage to Language Martyrs