Published: 2013-01-30 05:53:52.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-30 05:53:52.0 BdST
The key index at Dhaka Stock Exchange gained over 3 points to register more than 4,154 points after one hour of trade on Wednesday.
Shares and mutual funds worth over Tk 0.93 billion changed hands with 92 issues gaining, 101 declining and 28 remaining unchanged at 11:32am.
On Tuesday, DSEX gained over 64 points amidst more than Tk 3.41 billion turnover. Trade surpassed Tk 3 billion mark for first time this year.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith said the new index was improving confidence among investors.
On Monday, the new index was launched. Trade was 0.85 percent higher amidst over Tk 2.31 billion turnover.
On Sunday, DSE gained 3 points amidst Tk 2.11 billion turnover.
At close on Thursday, the DSE gained 13 points to register year-high trade amidst Tk 2.11 billion turnover.
Last week, the premier bourse gained 0.63 points amidst average of almost Tk 1.47 billion turnover.
The week before registered a 34 point gain amidst average transaction of Tk 1.27 billion.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- Britain votes to leave EU in historic divorce
- UK PM Cameron says he will step down by October after Brexit vote
- Mayor Sadiq Khan urged to declare London independent from Britain, join EU: Media
- Brexit referendum outcome big challenge to UK’s economic, political future: Tulip Siddiq
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- High-rise catches fire in Uttara, several injured
- Factbox: What Brexit could mean for the UK economy
- Youth arrested for ‘raping’ woman in hotel
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project