Body of 'Yaba trader' recovered after Cox's Bazar ‘gunfight’
Cox's Bazar Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-17 15:34:50.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-17 15:34:50.0 BdST
Police have found the body of a man along with thousands of contraband Yaba tablets and a firearm after what locals said was a gunfight in Cox’s Bazar.
Mostak Ahmad, alias Haji Mufiz, was found on a hill behind Uttaran neighbourhood in the early hours of Friday.
The 32-year-old Mostak was accused in several cases of trading Yaba tablets, said Cox’s Bazar Police Inspector (investigation) Bakhtiar Uddin Chowdhury.
A gun, three rounds of ammos and 2,400 methamphetamine-based Yaba tablets were also recovered from the spot.
Police arrived at the location after locals informed them about a 'gunfight', said the inspector.
"We suspect two groups of Yaba sellers exchanged shots over trade dispute. They fled as soon as police reached there."
The body has been sent to the state-run hospital of the district for autopsy.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US ambassador remembers ‘selfless, inspirational’ LGBT activist Xulhaz on first death anniversary
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Cabinet mourns demise of music legend Lucky Akhand
- Two get life terms for rape and drug peddling in Chapai Nawabganj
- Bangladesh man dies when ‘shot' by Indian BSF
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains