Woman killed herself, children over fight with husband, says Darussalam police
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-11 13:04:44.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-11 18:39:14.0 BdST
A woman found dead at Dhaka’s Darussalam killed herself and her two children following an argument with her husband, police say.
The police are making the assumption after questioning her husband Shamim Hossain, said Darussalam police Inspector Farukul Islam.
‘Anika’ allegedly hung herself with the house’s ceiling fan after slitting the throats of her daughter and son on Tuesday.
“Shamim screamed at Anika after she served him stale rice in the morning. Shamim then left home without eating. The incident took place at noon,” Farukul told bdnews24.com on Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered in the afternoon. Shamima, 5, and Abdullah, 3, were found with their throats slit.
A blood-stained ‘Boti’, a cutting utensil, was found along with what appeared to be a suicide note, said the inspector.
Shamim, a hair salon worker, was attending a mass rally organised by the Awami League at the capital’s Suhrawardy Udyan.
He was taken in for questioning at Darussalam Police Station after he returned to the house near Choto Diabarhi Water Pump.
The couple would argue often, according to their neighbours.
Meanwhile, a case was filed against Shamim by Anika's mother for inciting her to commit suicide.
Shamim hails from Gopalganj and Anika comes from Naogaon's Mahadebpur.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- EC secretary doubtful over using EVMs in general elections
- Police fire several dozen rubber bullets as SUST students clash with locals in Sylhet
- Bangladesh information minister says impact of Indian TV channels on family life will be researched
- Third part of graphic novel ‘Mujib’ released
- PM Hasina returns home from Munich
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Court to deliver verdict on deaths of Tareque, Mishuk Feb 22
- Jhalakathi BCL leader held for ‘attempted grab of a house'
- Three victims of Barisal tanker explosion in critical conditions at DMCH
- Court hands death to man for murder in Manikganj
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- Man dies in ‘gunfight’ with RAB in Rajshahi
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday