Woman killed herself, children over fight with husband, says Darussalam police
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-11 13:04:44.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-11 18:39:14.0 BdST
A woman found dead at Dhaka’s Darussalam killed herself and her two children following an argument with her husband, police say.
The police are making the assumption after questioning her husband Shamim Hossain, said Darussalam police Inspector Farukul Islam.
‘Anika’ allegedly hung herself with the house’s ceiling fan after slitting the throats of her daughter and son on Tuesday.
“Shamim screamed at Anika after she served him stale rice in the morning. Shamim then left home without eating. The incident took place at noon,” Farukul told bdnews24.com on Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered in the afternoon. Shamima, 5, and Abdullah, 3, were found with their throats slit.
A blood-stained ‘Boti’, a cutting utensil, was found along with what appeared to be a suicide note, said the inspector.
Shamim, a hair salon worker, was attending a mass rally organised by the Awami League at the capital’s Suhrawardy Udyan.
He was taken in for questioning at Darussalam Police Station after he returned to the house near Choto Diabarhi Water Pump.
The couple would argue often, according to their neighbours.
Meanwhile, a case was filed against Shamim by Anika's mother for inciting her to commit suicide.
Shamim hails from Gopalganj and Anika comes from Naogaon's Mahadebpur.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US ambassador remembers ‘selfless, inspirational’ LGBT activist Xulhaz on first death anniversary
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Cabinet mourns demise of music legend Lucky Akhand
- Two get life terms for rape and drug peddling in Chapai Nawabganj
- Bangladesh man dies when ‘shot' by Indian BSF
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors